Adjust or extend a welded mechanic

Hello

The solution is certainly childish, but I still submit to you the problem that I often encounter in welded mechanics.

During the adjustment phase and miter cutting of one body with another, Solid performs an inverted miter cut. I tried to change the order of the selected bodies, checked and unchecked all the options, nothing helped.

HELP !!

Attached is a test part to show you the problem and a screen shot.

The goal is to find a solution without modifying the sketch.

I'm in SW 2012

essai_mecano_soude.sldprt

Hello, personally I don't see the screenshot. But that's okay.

You could get around the problem by making the parts fit into them and then you simply remove material from certain bodies.

However, this solution will not be suitable if you want to get the length of the tubes at the end.

Cdt

G.

1 Like

Hello

Why do you do this in so many steps?

A sketch, then a mechanical-welding function and that's it!

test.png
2 Likes

G. I have already been forced to proceed as you say but this solution is not satisfactory, too many operations if I combine it with automatic adjustment.

Frédéric, as indicated in the title of my question, the goal is to find a solution without modifying the sketch. It is a test part, traced and made voluntarily in a not very judicious way, but when the problem occurs on a real part it is often painful to redo the whole sketch.

Whoever answers my question will do so without modifying the sketch and without removing extruded material. The solutions you propose get around the problem.

1 Like

Very good answer from @ frederic

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-la-mecano-soudure

@+

ps make a screnn of your sketch and your piece STP

can't open your file

1 Like

the screen shot attached, strange that you can't open my file part

mecano_soude.jpg

Nice challenge. I scratched but found nothing.
We are dealing with a very particular case of a bar that is split and then reattached to another piece.

May be submitted to the support because the cut provided is indeed not valid.

3 Likes

Here is your piece

To make the miter cuts I had to go through sketch 1 and delete part of it

the rest didn't want to know anything ;-(

see attached file SW 2012

@+ ;-)

essai_mecano_soude1.sldprt
3 Likes

Hello

Here's a little tutorial of how I modified your part to get there and I only have the sketch and a function in the creation tree and I saw GT22 proceeded in the same way as me to get there. So +1 gt22 ^_^

coupe_coin.docx
3 Likes

There are 3 of us who have the same solution.

I think that you need to review your methods of making sketches a little.

If necessary, use construction lines.

4 Likes

@ FDUMOULIN you say

Whoever answers my question will do so without modifying the sketch and without removing extruded material. The solutions you propose get around the problem.

if you add elements like it's the case in your model

you modify your sketch 1

since the bottom segment is divided into 3 parts

so nothing prevents you from putting the central part in a construction line

so no embarrassed modification of sketch 1

Ditto @ Frederic

@+

4 Likes

Thank you for your contributions.

Your solutions work, I know how to apply them, that's not the problem, but the meaning of my request was not this.

The goal was to see if someone managed better than me (maybe with a version later than 2012, options to check, order of selection of bodies, etc...) to make this famous mitre cut with the particular type of sketch, I agree. Apparently not.

I therefore notice that SW does not manage to offer me the right cut in this case.

In any case thank you for looking