Aligning inventor views

Hello.

On an Inventor drawing, I would like to position, one in relation to the other, 2 views of different models.

Let me explain, on my plan I place a view of a 3D model called foo.

Then a view of another 3d model called titi. This view, which I would put in mixed strokes, only squeezes me represented an environment in relation to my 3D Toto set. (rmq, I don't want to do it on the 3D, because they're big sets).

How do you move the views, by clinging to a point of view, from one to the other. (and therefore without using alignments)

And then, can we create a group of these 2 views, to move them at the same time.

I ask the question, because I know that it is feasible on solidedge.

If anyone has a solution.

Thank you

Hello

Indeed, if someone has the solution, it would suit me too. I don't know of any alignment other than by views and not by points or lines.

Good luck.

I don't know Inventor, but is it possible to position the views in x,y coordinates with respect to the origin of the sheet?

S.B

To my knowledge, no it is not possible to move them according to X and Y coordinates.

Hello

I know of two solutions to your problem.

1) On one of the views right-click -> horizontal or vertical alignment. Then click on the view that will serve as a base. PB it's the two centers of view that align (not necessarily what you're looking for)

2) - save the drawing in DWG format (ATTENTION DWG inventor)

Open AutoCAD

Open the DWG Inventor

Create an empty drawing and insert the desired view from the DWG inventor. Each view is defined in an AutoCAD block. This can be done with Design center (adcenter command) open drawings tab

drag the view block into the AutoCAD drawing.

This solution is perfectly suited for large models because your autocad drawing is very light.

-  You can search for views in different inventor files (no need to make two views in the same inventor drawing)

- Blocks can be updated on demand (redefine the block)

- It is possible to add other purely 2D objects to the autocad design (e.g. cadastral plan, architect's plan, etc.)

I use this method for any on-site implementation of my designs.

I check because I believe that this subject is addressed in a course material.