Back and forth between MESH software and NURBS software?

Hello

Here's the question: How do I import .stl or complex .obj formats into CAD software to be able to do Boolean operations out of them or rely on these .stl/.obj objects?

Context: some projects combine aesthetic and technical needs. It is sometimes easier to model the aesthetic part in a MESH modeling software (example: Blender). This type of software exports in . STL or . OBJ. Then you have to import this aesthetic volume into a CAD software (example: solidworks). 

Problem: CAD software does not handle (from my experience with Solidworks) the import of . STL or . OBJ to be able to do Boolean operations and/or hang on to aesthetic shapes. I think we should transform the Mesh formats (.stl or .stl) into Nurbs format (example . Step). But it seems complex, it's reverse engineering, there doesn't seem to be any cheap software capable of doing this job quickly!

What solution do you see for going back and forth from Mesh software to Nurbs software?

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

Hello

Indeed, there is no real solution to my knowledge.

Wouldn't it be easier to manage everything in Blender or FreeCAD, since SolidWOrks is so bad for imports?

There is Geomagic which allows you to convert a mesh into nurbs, but be careful the operation is quite computationally cumbersome!

@ ".PL":

I don't know enough about Blender and Freecad to know if it's feasible.

- Blender: Mesh type software hardly allows you to do rigorous constructions it seems to me?

- FreeCad: do you know the software? You can import . STL or . Obj more easily? Or can we model more flexibly as with a modeler?

Watch via OnShape

It seems to me that this type of conversion is possible

To try there is a royalty-free  version and give the results

thank you @+