Improve the quality of analysis on Flow Simulation

Hello

I carry out the study of a propeller via the Flow Simulation module of SolidWorks. I would like to improve the accuracy and quality of my results, by refining the mesh: could you tell me how to achieve this?

Also I saw that there is a "Create a local mesh" function but I don't know how to use it and the resources about it are almost non-existent. A few pieces of advice would be invaluable to me.

Thank you in advance to all those who will take the time to help me!

Hello

If the mesh for Flow simulation is the same as for the PEF simu and if I understand your problem correctly, you must first define a zone.

As you are on a helix which is not a simple object then you have to create a dividing line that can have the shape you want (a closed spline, any closed shape or a  straight line if it hangs on at least two edges). This allows you to select not the entire area afterwards, but only the one delimited by the dividing line.

After in mesh Right click on mesh ==>Set mesh control==>select your zone==>Set mesh parameters (for this zone only). ==>Validate.

From there you will have a subfolder in mesh in which you have all the elements you have just defined. If you develop it with right click, you will find everything to refine or take over the characteristics.

Kind regards