Analysis of the results of a ............. simulation not understand

Hello

I found a different approach this morning in E-learning of a variant to determine the stresses in a weld bead after using a static analysis by simulation,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sktwaT_BLLk

I only swept a cord to follow the method.

I am facing a new difficulty seeing my results, in beam treatment not possible to follow the method, so go through volume use but there I have a zero constraint with a load of 20 KN......... unless I ask to display a normal constraint I have an evolution and values.

What for? And secondly, have you ever used this approach which requires retouching the scan until you get a target value without going through the solidworks solder connector.

Sincerely, thank you for your help.

Spectrum.

P.S: the body adjustment behaves strangely in the simulation phase (not the cut obtained in the model).

resultats.jpg

My modeling

The 70 MB simulation file, not attached.

weld_check_v1.sldprt

And if I go back to the beam no problem Von mises evolves.

Here is my capture of the constraints in the profile ok, in the cord none, how to make the cord solid, do I have to merge the body in the model?

cordon_pas_deffort.jpg

Hi @spectrum 

if you have created a weld bead

This means that your pieces are attached to each other

at least that's my vision of things

@+

Hello Gt22,

Thanks for the initial condition, keep all the elements together, so no need to merge.

I tested and I have to go through low stiffness, and in the end no stress in the welded mechanical element or in its cord;

Not a simple approach, I don't have to use it, it was to see the possible exploitation in relation to the efforts;

Have a nice day.

corps_solidaire_v2.jpg

Hello

Actually:

- No need to merge "solidarity" is enough (if there is no game).

On the other hand:

- using soldering is useless, especially for tubes. This unnecessarily complicates the simulation without adding anything to the results. Remember that in the workshop the bead is only the visible part of the weld.

- I don't see why to use low stiffness in your case

Kind regards

-

1 Like

Hello Zozo,

Yes I understand the approach is useless, it was just to try, but it will depend on the penetration of the weld and the preparation and especially on the operator ..........

Have a nice day.

1 Like