Difficult motion analysis?

Hi all

I am currently working on the motion study on Solidworks. By following some tutorials on youtube I notice a number of problems on my side, I hesitate between a bad use on my part, bugs in my software, or a solidworks Motion Study tool which in fact is much less effective and precise in practice than on paper...

I start with a very basic test: a marble falls on a tray with a slightly bowl-shaped surface on top. After many tries (where the ball went through the material a bit like these still pending questions question1 and question2 ) I finally arrive at this (gif attached).

The ball falls, makes a series of fairly coherent bounces and then rolls on the board towards the center when suddenly, it bounces again for no reason...

I'll give you the details of my options in the next two posts.

rfrznsvcrh.gif

In "Property of the motion study" the number of frames per second has already had an effect on my motion analysis, apart from the fact that the animation obviously becomes smoother if I increase it, this factor also had an influence on the physical result of the study... Is this normal?

Following my tests, it seemed essential to me to tick "use a precise contact " otherwise my ball would pass through my tray every other time.

What is the difference between the two sliders relating to accuracy (3D contact and 0.1 accuracy ... 0,000001) ?

sldworks_hhxfxiy1yl.png

In the configuration of contacts, is it not possible to directly retrieve the information assigned in part materials and then the SolidWorks model ? These materials already have a lot of information such as yield strength, etc. weird to have to fill in these parameters again here knowing that the proposals are super limited (ruber, steel, acrylic....)

Friction seems essential to me, otherwise the pieces slide between them almost to infinity, it's quite ridiculous. But the calculation times when I activate them on two simple parts are colossal, it scares me for the future...

I also have a group doubts about the coefficient of restitution, it influences the bounce of my ball, for a realistic simulation I have to activate it but at how much? Assuming that my marble is made of plexiglass and my tray is made of wood for example.

Would you recommend a completely different method for my motion + collision + gravity test?

That's a lot of questions for a Sunday evening, thanks in advance to those who will take the time to clarify me even if it's just on one of the points.

sldworks_s1hf8etto9.png