Visible hidden edges in fine sheet metal

Hello

I often have the problem in thin sheet metal where the components at the back appear visible, as if by transparency or rather as if they were protruding. I have this problem in 3D and 2D. Do you have a trick to correct this display defect?

Example: 

Thanks in advance

Hello

Have you looked by checking here.

may the force be with you.

Which version are you in? It seems to me that it is a novelty for 2016 to take into account the correct display of thin sheets.

1 Like

I'm in SW10...

I don't have this option Obi Wan:

For the moment I'm tinkering with Paint to erase the lines to make commercial presentations, but it's long on isometrics!

Any other ideas? :-)

Hello Benoit,

Really sorry but I can't help it: it's okay for you to draw on Paint to make sales presentations!!

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

Can you post a piece because I have an idea but I would like to check.

I have parasitic images, especially with the threads and welds and by checking a box everything goes back to normal.

I would like to check if this applies to your case :-) before saying something stupid

1 Like

and by putting a material or appearance

does it change anything?

@+ :-)

Thank you my good Daniel for your support! :-) You know very well that I sell dreams!

Here's a very simple example and the rendering I get when I'm in "zoom at best". They are 2 sheets of 2.5m squared in 1mm thick, placed on top of each other in coincident stress and I see this:

blf-pb_aretes_tolerie.sldasm

I just opened your assembly, and at home, no display bugs when I have the SOLIDWORKS 2017 SP3.0 version

You're welcome Benoit, it's sure that with an assembly like that you make me dream.

SW2017 SP4.1, I see the same thing as you when moving or during the zoom phase and then it's perfect.

On the other hand, if I uncheck the "Optimize for thin parts" option (see image below) then I have the same thing as you.

Kind regards

4 Likes

same for me

if you uncheck optimize the performance for thin part we have the same view as you

To see the same thing as you I have to click on the wheel outside the sheets and move the view

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

I think you don't have a solution because it's an improvement that appeared in 2013 or 14.

may the force be with you.

1 Like

Hello

no display problem in SW 2018 SP2 version

I have not been able to reproduce any errors

1 Like

Arf... I don't have this option on SW10!

Well, I'm going to continue Paint! :-)

Thank you for your help!

Daniel, I'm going gradually to get used to re-doing plans, no more 3D carefree!

A+

Benoit

You can continue 3D without any problem, just put yourself on Windows10, there is Paint 3D !! :)

Have a good weekend to you

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hi Benoit,
I agree with Daniel, it really makes your assembly dream!

See you soon?

1 Like