Abrupt stop after correcting a sketch

Hello

After installing SW 2024 SP1, we encounter issues while editing a sketch.

When we edit a sketch, for example to correct a constraint or modify a body to be deleted, SW no longer responds and closes. This applies to changing a value of existing dimensions or editing a function without modification.

We don't have this problem on previous versions.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello
I think the answer is there:

After installing SW 2024 SP1

Solidworks in SP1 version up to SP3 or even 4 is not made for production because it is much too buggy. As already said in other posts, it's better to wait for the SP4 or SP5 version to switch to a new version of solidworks.

3 Likes

And as a result... Good luck :slight_smile:
Or, re-install the 2023 SP5 if you have the possibility. It seems to me that there is compatibility in SW SP5 of the previous year and SW SP1 of the following year

3 Likes

Hello

I suspected that it was not a good idea to install this version. But to have errors when modifying a sketch I am surprised.

Thank you for your answers.

The ideal would be to test the latest version of the 2024, the SP2.
Downloadable here if you are at Visiativ:
https://ftp.visiativ-solutions.com/SOLIDWORKS/2024/
Otherwise, another possibility is that your SW user profile is corrupted.
To test if this is the case run solidworks RX (search menu: rx) and run SW with a factory profile:

If SW still bugs it comes either from the version or from your PC, if it doesn't bug anymore it's because it comes from the user profile, which happens when you restore a profile from another version.

5 Likes

Hello
I'm leaning more towards @sbadenis's answer, I don't mind that the SP1 are unstable but there it would still be a little too big and especially nothing of this type in the corrections of the SP2 (which would be surprising given the type of bug if it wasn't reported by anyone).

2 Likes