Rounding the ribs in MEPs

Hello

I have to send one of our suppliers a MEP representing several air networks and I would like to find a way to round all my ribs to 5, or even 10 mm but I haven't found anything that meets my expectations...

Is it possible without having to force the ribs?

Thank you, cdt,

Joss

Hi @Joss,

I can't find too many ideas, you should be able to fill in a rounding to -1 (like on Excel, =rounding(x;-1) ), but on SW I can't find it.

Wouldn't you have a way to put the plan in m instead of mm?

You could act directly in the document properties: Tools/Options/Document Properties/Unit/Custom and choose the tape measure for lengths with a rounding of .1

If you have kept the dimension settings according to the drawing definition, all your dimensions will follow.

What do you think?

2 Likes

you have to put the units in meters as Benoit says

Select all your sides and then do as on the attached image

cote.png
1 Like

To round up to 5 or 10mm I advise you to go for decimeters that you round to 0.1

basically you round to the hundredth so 10mm =)

@Bart, I don't know how to change my units to decimeters because when I go to Document Properties => Units, they only offer me meters, centimeters or mm...

@Benoit, @Bart, Nice idea of changing the units, I hadn't thought about it :x, so, I put my units in m, rounded to 0.01 ready to round to the nearest cm, it suits me, I would have preferred to round to 0.005 ready but I read on other forums that it was impossible, I'll settle for that^^

Thank you!

Derien,

info to change to dm, it seems to me that you have to go to the "custom" box

The decimeter is not offered, just m, cm, mm. On the other hand, you can put "angstroms" if you're interested...

I'm going to go to Wiki, to see what it is:)

Edit: for the cultural page of the day http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%85ngstr%C3%B6m :)

1 Like

Wow! ^^

If I start quoting at 1 tenth of a billionth of a meter, I'm not sure the supplier will love to do the conversions;D

1 Like

Hi Joss;

Here I would like to use the rounding to 5mm ready.

Did you manage to get by without having to change units?

Or have you found another way since then?

Thank you in advance

It seems to me that you can via the numbers after the decimal point round

to the number of digits after the decimal point

so either 1mm or 10mm

for a general quotation in metres

@+ ;-)

Hello fpinheiro, no, I stayed on the unit change method, impossible to round to 5mm ready on Solidworks, unless you force the ribs

I'm also interested in it but I want to stay in millimeters otherwise I'm afraid of receiving the part at the wrong scale :p, it would take an option like: "12." to round to the nearest ten... A formula in quote text does not work... Maybe a macro?