Item Welded Parts List, Without Any Features?

Hi all

I have a problem with Solidorks, on a mechanically welded assembly.

I added tubes, and they don't have any properties related to the profile list like the others previously created.

I have 2 pieces of tubes (yet identical to the others, 40x40x2 tube everywhere), but with no properties of lengths or anything else... This is a problem for my nomenclature because nothing is filled in of course.
I see that these 2 parts (the last 2 in the list), do not have the same icon in front .. (see attached image).

capture.jpg

Good morning

When there is a file, it is that solidworks has grouped by type of profile.

I don't have access to solidworks so I'll give you the info from memory

Ability to see the properties of the folder, via a right-click property.

The sidewall length property should be created  normally

Cdlt

2 Likes

Hello YP69,

And indeed this is how we should proceed...

@+.

AR

Attached are the requested captures.

However, it is the same profile of the same library....

capture1.jpg

and below image of what I should find

capture2.jpg

You can add the length variable in your welded items folder

Otherwise it is possible to delete folder in order to have only welded items. Click on folder and  delete

There is an option that exists in solidworks to create or not welded item folders

1 Like

If I delete the folder, in the tree, it recreates a folder for me and repositions it at the end.
Why do I have an icon difference already??

I have a good command of welded constructions and their properties, but here I admit, something escapes me....

Same profile and not the same properties....

and I don't have access to any property, whether it's LENGTH or anything else ....

Hello

Have you tried updating your list (right-click/Update)?

Kind regards

cs.png
2 Likes

It is in automatic update so the problem does not come from there ...

Hello

OK but sometimes you still have to click on "Update" even if the "Automatic Update" is checked.

Kind regards

2 Likes

I unchecked and picked it up but nothing helped.

Hello novice85,

In the nomenclature of the mechanically welded, there is, every time when you don't use your profile library, so a folder was created, for example you add a flat sheet metal to your mechanically welded, so you expand the folder right-click and you enter in another window reappears under small table and there you have all the possibilities for your text entry, and add your length by clicking on the right dimension, so you will get a good nomenclature, I can't take a screenshot because my PC is being processed.

Sincerely, keep me informed, and as soon as I can I'll take screenshots for you.

Good luck @+.

AR.