Assembly of electrical appliances

Hello, I am looking for a faster solution to build an electrical cabinet (schneider type prisma 33m) in which I have several devices to put in.

I have made up several sub-assemblies, each with the appropriate equipment.

On the other hand, my management finds my final assembly time too long.

Would anyone have an example of time spent for this case.

Thank you all

td_hq_h1_n7_indice_a.jpg

and you for example 

how long do you spend

for your final assembly once all your sub-assemblies are created

and how do you proceed

Number of constraints and types of constraints

etc....

I have 3 constraints per set 2 face/face and 1 circular otherwise I spent about 15 hours  

Hello

You have to create configurations if you have systems that are often similar.

In your 15 hours, do you also count your expertise?

Because if all the elements are created, you can define them as a "smart component", as soon as you insert a component of this type, SW will look for the appropriate constraints, big time saver!

Hello

15 H I guess it's the whole project (searching for components  on the web, assembling each component,  creating sub-assemblies etc. (without methodology it will be that for each project).

To reduce the time, the components must be prepared.

At first glance, these are models downloaded under TracePart (so without history) easier to prepare.

save time on positioning, starting point, orientation of components so that they arrive in the assembly pre-oriented and put in position with as few constraints as possible

Each "electrical" component of the same category must be oriented in the same way on the same references.

For example, on the screenshot, all these components of the same type will be stored (face above on the same original planes corresponding to the front view of the cabinet and oriented in the vertical mounting position)

The origin (x =0 y=0 z=0) on the point denoted 1. point  2 will be used to position the following component.

With this method it is enough on the rail to have the point(s) that implant the first component(s), so a single point/point coincidence constraint is enough to implant the components next to each other.

The same approach is called the rails on the cabinet, etc.

1 Like

You also have to use and abuse the copy tool with the constraints:

We put the first one, and to put the next ones, the time is only a few seconds!

I talk about it in my beginner's guide to SolidWorks:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/astuces-debutants-solidworks-1

1 Like

Thank you all for your quick answers

yes 3pm is with the download and constitution of each subset

yes identical sets are in fact configurations

On the other hand I didn't know the stitch assembly method I'm going to get down to it

Thank you

Hello

Have you ever seen SolidWorks electrical work?

I'm not talking about creating elec schemas and everything but in this tool we use the positioning of the devices thanks toreference constraints.

In other words, on the rails there are two reference faces and on the components the same two (same name I mean) so the components then automatically land on the rail.

See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-dNmqwkJc from 1 min 10!

@+

2 Likes

Hello

I work for DriveWorks, an English company whose core business is design automation with SolidWorks and your situation is a perfect case study.

We have a range of products that meet your needs:

DriveWorks Xpress is free and already available in your version of SolidWorks.

DriveWorks Solo and DriveWorks Pro bring you a lot of additional features.

I'm sending you a video (very succinctly set up) showing you a quick demonstration of a DriveWorks Xpress project to automatically design only the sheet metal part of your electrical cabinet.

All you have to do is click on the following link: (sharefile is our file transfer system)

https://driveworks.sharefile.com/d-sd9fdc64d16440f3b

You can download this project on the following page:

http://www.driveworks.co.uk/products/driveworksxpress/sample-projects/

I will send you a more advanced demo using DriveWorks Pro very soon and which allows the complete automation (choice of components and positioning) of your cabinet.

If you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact me using thomasguillard@driveworks.co.uk.

I would also advise you to contact your SolidWorks reseller and ask them to arrange a demo to show you the possibilities of DriveWorks.

Sincerely,

Thomas

1 Like