Assembling an ISO Roller Chain on 2 Sprockets in SolidWorks 2018/19

Hello everyone!

I'm racking my brains to make an assembly of 2 11 tooth sprockets with a pitch of 12.7 mm (reduction ratio = 1 ) with several particularities (also no, I can easily do it! lol!)  

Peculiarities:

1- one of the 2 sprockets (called A) is fixed (it does not rotate, it is the chain that moves planetarily around it!);

2- the second pinion (called B) is doubly mobile : the pinion rotates on its axis (classically) placed on the support C and its axis describes a planetary circular displacement like the moon around the earth!

See the Word file which gives a diagram and the expected operation!

I've tried all of them and nothing works! I have the impression that the SolidWorks function does not provide for one of the 2 sprockets to be fixed. This mechanism works in real life because I did an assembly with a mechanic and it works as in my expected  operation but I would like to have it to do an RDM study on the parts!!

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Innoving

fonctionnement_attendu_de_lassemblage.docx

Hello

stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway
What is the point of the A pinion being fixed? 
If it could rotate on its axis, wouldn't the expected result be the same?
However the chain will always remain on the same portion of the sprocket....

A+

Thank you for your answers!

* For Hubert!

The purpose of the fixed gear is to be able to control the orientation of the second pinion in relation to the machine frame in position!! If you have my diagram in front of you, when  the support C rotating in the axis of the fixed gear A rotates 1 degree clockwise so at the end of this rotating support there is the second sprocket, thanks to the chain, is 'held' by 1 degree counterclockwise. So, for example for a robot, the fixed gear is the orientation of the shoulder, the rotating support C is the arm and the rotating pinion B is the elbow that will give the orientation of the forearm!! The interest is to have a control motor in the axis of the shoulder (so small!) that controls the arm, the forearm and the 2 synchronized!!

For Ahmed

I don't really understand your answer but for me there were a lot of stress errors and once or twice, SolidWorks crashed!!   But currently I have the interface is in English and I have trouble with the subtleties of English and the complex and new functions of SolidWorks! How do I put the interface in French without reinstalling Solid?

I did a classic function test of the Solid functions: fixed support and 2 rotating pinions! I realize everything without any problem!!  

But as I explained above for Hubert, I want to make an unusual assembly but that really works to do a Material Resistance study in order to correctly size each part! SolidWorks is for that!!

On the second message, the reduction ratio is, for me, essential to 1 so as not to have an arm ahead or delayed in phase compared to the second!

Can you help me to make this atypical and surely possible assembly but with subtleties that I don't know!???

Thanks in advance!

Innoving

Hello

I don't want to get involved in the conversation but to do RDM studies there is no need for all that since the simulation will be done in static.

And on top of that, you have to know what you want to do (the channel has no interest).

Kind regards

1 Like

Ok for the system I understand what you want to do
For SW in English, check if "use menus in English" is not checked in SW's system preferences

If it doesn't, SW installs by default in the language set in Windows regional options. So if your options are set in US in windows (but with a FR keyboard) your SolidWorks will be in US.
a+
Happy Holidays 

1 Like