"Modified" assembly from the moment you open

Hello

I'm currently working on an assembly, and as soon as I open it, there's an asterisk after its name, as if it's being changed.

I fixed all the components and removed all the constraints and the mass sensor, but nothing helps.

Do you have an idea to solve my problem, even if it's not that disabling? (I'm on Solidworks 2012)

Thank you.

Hello

Probably files rebuilt when opening (file configurations, files built in the context of assembly...)

I also think of something that is being rebuilt.

Do Complete Rebuild (Ctrl Q) and then Save to see if when you reopen there is still Asterix

1 Like

Hello

To prevent  that, I lower the blocking bar. It prevents reconstruction. You have to go to tool==>option==>general and activate the blocking bar. It's a yellow/orange bar that is at the top of the creation tree, you just have to go down to the last function in all the rooms of the ASM and especially in the one where there are shared and create functions in the ASM

2 Likes

@ ac cobra 427: This feature, unless I'm mistaken, does not exist on SW2012.

It's a new feature for 2014 if I remember correctly.

It has been available since 2012

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/r_Freeze_Bar_Shortcut_Menu.htm

1 Like

Thank you ac cobra 427, your solution should work I think, but since I work with parts that are not mine, I prefer not to touch them, and I will continue to have assemblies that I always have to re-record.

In fact you don't modify the parts in any way. You just block the reconstruction, after lowering the blocking bar you can raise it at any time to modify the part 

1 Like

If you re-register your assemblies then you change your name or you create an extension of the said name

no problem, also puts the blocking bar at the end of the creation tree

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/barre-de-blocage-sous-solidworks

you will save time opening the file since it doesn't open everything ;-)

the asterisk I think it's + a reference to (which I don't know internal to the log)

that's the SW log that manages

@+

1 Like