Drilling Assistance: "Couldn't find the file..."

Hello

Recently, when I click on the Drilling Assistance function I have this message displayed: (see attached image).

Strangely enough, I can still do piercings. But when I'm in a MEP and I want to make a drilling table, he only puts the diameters and not the taps. as if he could not tie the whole thing together.

Do you have a solution for me, the Solidworkers?

messageerreursldw21.png

Definitely a piece of shit in the paths, you can check:
- in System Options / Drilling Help-Toolbox if the path is correct;
- in System Options / File Locations if all paths match those of your SW version.

After that, there is the repair of the installation.

I guess you're in SW21, did you keep an old version on the machine?

3 Likes

I'm pretty sure it's a problem indeed.

Yes, I have several SOLIDWORKS files and when I look at Regedit I can even go back to SW 2016. But I'm afraid of deleting the wrong files or losing my license number (which until now was quietly following from one version to another). Maybe I should create another workstation to purge everything and have only the files necessary for the version I have?

Hello
I also think this is a file path issue, especially if you imported the settings/option from a previous version of SW,

This issue is usually related to a copy of the SW settings from the previous version, so the location of the "  Custom Property Files" is no longer the correct one.
as said by @stefbeno  The path in the SW options must be corrected depending on the version

I restored all the settings and it worked.

So I unfortunately lost my SW settings but at least it works. Fortunately I didn't have a lot of them.

Thank you both!