Tip for embedding an image in a part file that remains to be converted from file to exchange format?

Hello

I have a problem that is being asked of me today: We would like to be able to integrate an image into a part file (so far so good) but that it remains to the conversion of the file into an exchange format such as STEP, IGES, or other.

And this is where it gets tricky because, as I suspected, these formats only take into account the SolidWorks geometry and not the image (I tried by copying and pasting and by transfer). After that, maybe some type of format would support this image, for example a . AI would work but I don't have Adobe Illustrator so I can't test.

For example, it works in 3D PDF but it is unusable afterwards.

The goal is to use the pieces in a software from our partner which is oriented towards "graphic design" that I don't know for the moment and this would save us from having to draw in volume all the details visible on the photos of different models in our possession.

We have a point with them this afternoon, I just know for the moment that they are asking for a . WWTP or . FBX, I don't know the latter which is apparently linked to Autodesk.

If anyone has a tip, that would be great!

Thank you

Antho

1 Like

Hello

I've never tested it but make sure to save your part in edrawings with the option of export in STL. I believe the images follow but I'm not 100% sure

Hello, this is not a solution to make a step, but it is possible to insert a part in a room and select what you want to associate with it (sketches, plans, and maybe images...). You will only need to break the links with the original file to prevent this part from updating unintentionally.

1 Like

After various research and tests, it doesn't seem possible!

Thank you for your help ;-)

Unfortunately, an image does not remain.

On the other hand, we converted our logos, and put them into extruded parts in libraries to stick them on the assembly. It's better than nothing.

1 Like