Button assignment for 3D rotation

Hi all

I just bought a new mouse to replace the defective one. My mouse is of reference Cherry MW3000, I would like to configure a button on the side for 3d rotation instead of the click wheel. I looked at the manufacturer's software but I can't find anything, so maybe on solidworks it is possible via a manipulation that I don't know.

Thank you in advance.

I don't particularly know the Cherry brand but in general it's at the mouse driver level that it is configured.
After visiting the site, I confirm, there is software to configure the buttons.

See https://cherry.de/download/fr/download.php

2 Likes

First of all, thank you stefbeno for your answer. However, as said in my previous comment, I had already looked at the manufacturer's software and I had not managed to configure the 3d rotation to my side button. I know that in some programs you can make a keyboard shortcut and then assign it to your mouse button but not with solidworks or I'm doing it wrong.

Have you tried to set your side button as a scroll wheel or click wheel? (if you can)

Finally I changed my mouse that I will receive soon, we'll see if I can configure it correctly.

Hello @vspemens

It should be remembered that mice are managed by Windows and not by SW.

In my case, I work with two mice simultaneously.

A classic first two buttons and the wheel for zooming in. The keyboard with the arrows for small rotations by angles.

The other one is 3D connection with its central wheel that is used as a joystick. And then you turn, tap precisely in all directions with zoom and all the rest of it. For CAD, it's the foot.

Kind regards