STEP File Automation with Inventor 2010

Hello to the whole community.

I have a little problem and I hope that someone can help me or at least tell me the feasibility of the thing.

Our company manufactures stairs. Machining programs are automatically generated from Excel sheets without any human intervention.

For a new project where we have to use an external company, to communicate with it I thought of making generic plans (where the modular dimensions have been replaced by variables) and sending our subcontractor a Txt file with these variables from our Excel sheets.

After visiting the company, they would prefer that I send them STEP files of the solids.

To do this, I imagine a system that would set up the Excel sheets (which we already do), that would open Inventor to update the files and then that would export the file in STEP format and send it to our subcontractor. And all this without human intervention

But here I am in the realm of the unknown.

Is my solution already possible ?

If so, how, by what method?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Hello, the solution is possible by using macros or rules using excel data and automatically creating the steps. You just need someone who can measure vba programming or rules (equivalent) on Inventor.

1 Like