Automating mass take-away compounding

Hello!

I'm coming to you because I have a folder A from which I want to make automatic take-home compositions of all the assemblies (and therefore their components) to a folder B. It would suit me if the generated files were in a single flat folder and not in a hierarchy of folders

Do you have any solutions for me? I tried with the task scheduler but it creates folders in all directions and I'm not sure it's made for that.

Thanks in advance!

I invite you to look at my question, it could help you

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/vba-solidworks-nom-de-fichier

With the Project Manager software you should be able to find what you are looking for without having to manipulate a macro. (You just have to be under a MyCad service contract, which is your case)

https://help.visiativ.com/mycadtools/2018/fr/PrsentationdelutilitaireProjectM.html

Hello

Thank you for your answers. 

I do have Project Manager, but I can't work on many assemblies at once. I have to deal with the blends one by one, but I would like to do mass take-away composition.

@anthonyjob.box Sorry but I don't use macros in Solidworks or just so I'm having trouble understanding your solution.

Thanks in advance

I fear that the only solution is to deal with it assembly by assembly. Unless you succeed in creating an assembly containing all your assemblies to copy and make a project manager for it.

But if you have too many assemblies I don't think it will work.

2 Likes

Hello

How many assemblies do you have to process?

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

I would have a hundred assemblies to update every day with a composition to take away.

Indeed, an assembly containing all my assemblies can quickly be complex, haha.

Kind regards

If it's to update every day, you probably have to develop it in the form of a macro or other and only rewrite the files that have been modified otherwise it may take a hit, given the number of assemblies and depending on the complexity.

What exactly is the goal?

I want to be able to share up-to-date assemblies on a server. However, I don't work directly on this server.

Otherwise, I try to go through the Solidworks scheduler with the "convert files" function. I have the impression that it makes me a composition to take away for each of the assemblies. On the other hand, it necessarily creates a .zip with the whole hierarchy of folders from the previous location... And that doesn't suit me.

For a hundred assemblies per day, it may be worth asking your Solidworks reseller if he can develop a program for you to do what you want.

If on your server you agree to keep a tree structure identical to the one on your PC then it may just be enough to synchronize the folders on your PC with the folders on the server, there is a Windows feature to do this (Control Panel\All Control Panels\Synchronization Center) or there are tools allowing it like Freefilesync Like what. All you have to do is set up a scheduled task to start the synchronization automatically.

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, but, apart from the solution of an application with my SolidWorks reseller, I wonder about the links between SolidWorks files...

I'll try these solutions.

Kind regards

it looks like part of the functions of PDM.
Between a specific application (cost pb, long-term viability, especially maintenance and evolution) and the cost of an existing solution... Especially since apparently you already have the infrastructure. It deserves a lot of thought.

I have to look at it.