Opinion on the design of a SW "Grid"

Hello 

I am currently designing a kind of mesh cover with Ø2 holes, mesh along its entire length.

My question; Is there a method/technique that allows you to do this type of drilling quickly, without having to do repetitions which, for my part, take a lot of time on my workstation.

Or if not, do you know any tricks to make these rehearsals take less time? (Checkbox? Way of conceiving?)

[Current example: Drilling on a rounded sheet metal. Ø2 mm bore, 2.5 mm centre distance over a length of 510 mm] 

Thank you!

Hello

It depends on what you want to do with your file:

For appearance: There are applicable and configurable textures that will make your room much lighter for your station.

For manufacturing: It is possible to create the pattern only on one area so that when exporting in dxf for manufacturing, the information will be present for the operator.
Then you just have to add an area in which the punching or cutting operation will be repeated.

Another method is to add the whole thing back to the dxf cutouts.

See you

5 Likes

Hello

If it's just a matter of rendering, have you tried applying an appearance. The advantage is that you can apply it to a face, a function or the entire part.

In addition, you have a rendering by transparency through the holes. The positioning and number of holes can be configured.

Kind regards

apparence.png
5 Likes

Oh perfect, I'll try the rendering, I'll keep you posted!

It's true that one of the criteria was to keep the transparency of the holes so if with the renderings I can have that, it's perfect!

I admit to you that I have a hard time placing my rendering on the front ...

When I have to select a repeat area in my repeat representation function, I am told that the selection is not good.

Hello, use a "repeat in an area" or a realview appearance of pattern repeats.

The light + is the second solution

Edit: If the front doesn't work, try unfolding before, doing the function and folding it back.

And if the function is really too heavy and crashes, you have to do it in several times, or in several pieces that you will assemble

3 Likes

See this http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/nid-d-abeille

with these excerpts of comm with the reconstruction time and 

the same except the  size of a whole sheet metal 2500x1200

which was not the case in the previous message

in apparenece and translucent support piece

I made a red boss on one side to show the transparency

See the attached file below

icône application/octet-streampiece2_apparenece_de_tole_trouee_2500_x1200.sldprt

@+ ;-))

3 Likes