Design Reviews

Hello

I am currently in charge of a project to make a kind of slide to bring packages down or up next to a staircase; It's in industrial areas, knowing that a staircase can have a landing.

My current solution is literally a slide with a small bin where you put the packages.

The tray slides on the sheet metal; I have 1 solution where the user pushes the bin which is driven by a rack.

And my second solution is that the tank is driven by the slide itself is by a buttress effect, the tank cannot go down.

I would have liked to have your opinion on these two solutions and why not if you have others, I'm all for it.

(Bearing in mind that the ascent or descent of the package must be done manually to minimize the cost; the solution must be adaptable to stairs of 35°, 38° and 45°; must be adaptable to a staircase with a landing.)

I am attaching some images.

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Cédric

ensemble.png

First of all, I hope you have provided casters or glide pads (in PTFE or equivalent).

The ratchet system is clever but there is nothing to stop it from turning over.

I didn't get the 2nd idea.

How do you think you manage the corners?

Another system could be a linear freewheel, or simply a clamp, closed by a spring, which opens with the user's push (by playing with the lever arms the effort could be "minimal" to counterbalance the spring). The clamp pinches a cable, a flat iron, a rack, to be seen according to the mass on board, the forces allowed, the management of the turns.

Had I thought about the wheels;)

My second idea is like when the drawer of a dresser gets stuck, I want to reproduce the same effect. And it is the user by pushing on the lever that unlocks the "convenient" effect and allows the bin to be raised or lowered. AND if the user releases the bin, the effect returns and the bin jams.

I have a doubt about this idea if it's feasible or not :/

Otherwise I like the idea of the pliers.

To manage the turn, I don't know yet how I can do it; the slide must be made of sheet metal so making a nice rounding etc is not too possible...

Maybe by making 2 separate parts but it would lose in aesthetics

Hello

I think the trolley should be able to come back or will it have to be put back in place for the ascent??? Because the principle of the hook only works in one direction.

Warning: on the landing phases the stairs do not go down.

This is a point that must be taken into account in my opinion.

However, instead of having the package transit along the entire length of the stairs, isn't it simpler to make a goods lift system with a pulley at the beginning/end of the stairs?

=> The user is at the foot of the stairs, he sets up his load and secures it (chain that goes around, mesh, etc.)

He climbs to the landing of his staircase and retrieves his charge (Rope, chain, ......)

Hello

For the hook system I don't think you can do it with a rack with symmetrical teeth, but more of a right triangle with the right part on the hook side.

The solution of the skate that slides seems to me much simpler and cheaper and above all bi-directional.

Thank you for your opinions:)

I really like the idea of the clip, thinking about it again, my hook system will make a click click at each notch that may annoy the user by force.

Good evening Gibson

you say

[ My second idea is like when the drawer of a dresser gets stuck, I want to reproduce the same effect. And it is the user by pushing on the lever who unlocks the "convenient" effect ]

This will not be convenient at all because a drawer is made of wood and it does not deform, while a package (often made of cardboard) deforms and in addition if you have several models of packages and well rusks the buttresse no longer works.

In addition, if the user doesn't push the package straight (since it will push aside) you risk that it will also get buttressed on the way up. Users will curse you.

Why not just buy a rack and a sliding gate motor for your system. He will go back and forth, you will fix him under the slide and he will pull the trolley.

Hello

Two quick questions, what is the maximum load of the parcel and what is its maximum volume?

On the way down, it will probably do it on its own but on the way up, it can complicate things.

Kind regards

d.roger, maxi size 600x400x400mm and 30Kg maxi

AC Cobra, the engine option was rejected because it was too expensive

Zozo, look at the attachment, I was thinking of the bin that buttresses with the slide and not the package;) initial position it blocks (1) and when the user pushes it moves forward (2).

princupe_ab.png

Forgive me but I can't help  myself ;-)

And the person who pushes + 30 kg

Charge + Travel Case & Accessories

an arm on a 45-degree uphill slope

Are you going to pick her up in a weight room?

@+

5 Likes

It's my specifications, I don't have to say if it has been correctly established or not but indeed 1 point for you :')

As for being adaptable to a level, this is no longer the case:)

By analyzing the problem:

Is the slide mandatory?

What is the height of the climb?

At what cadence do you go up?

Why not manage otherwise:

option:

Make a vertical mini hoist with counterweight

2 pulleys, a cable, a counterweight adjustable in mass (Roman balance type or pulley brake)

as opposed to the transport box

it will take up + less space

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello gibson

[ I was thinking of the bin that buttresses with the slide and not the package ;) initial position it blocks (1) and when the user pushes it moves forward (2). ]

Well, no! In position 2 it will butt on the other side. Or you have to see in more detail but it's possible but not quite as your diagram represents.

But I have the impression that the problem is not to prevent the package from coming down but to be able to push it to the top without resorting to bodybulder :-)

1 Like

It's clear that 30kg at 45° plus possible friction, I can imagine the cries of the CHSCT when he goes to see that.

And if, when you do a project, you have to know how to tell the client (whether internal or external) that certain options are absurd (whether from a technical, economic or ergonomic point of view).

In this case, off-center thrust should be banned
A solution (not necessarily economical compared to a motor): you can use the ramps of the stairs as a traffic path for the trolley, double the ramps with a rack, a hand pedal system with a well-calculated gear ratio and a controlled freewheel could work.

Safety should not be neglected on this project: if the 30kg starts to hurtle down without control, there will be a death! At the very least, you should provide a parachute system like on elevators.

3 Likes

Let's imagine, my slide is cantilevered by 700mm compared to my staircase which is (at worst) at 45° on a height of 3m (i.e. 6m of linear length).

The user pushes the trolley to the edge of the slide.

The bin that contains the 30Kg package (mass distributed over the entire length of the slide, i.e. 700mm) is positioned on roller rails to limit friction.

How much force will the user need to provide to move the truck?

Attached, I made a little diagram if it can help

Then, I think, with the idea of the counterweight, installing a heavier counterweight (e.g. 5kg) that will help pull the bin that contains the package could be okay, right? you just have to push the tank during the descent to bring the exact tank down?

shema_de_montage.png

Hello

We must be not far from 2 tubes along the ramp of the stairs, 1 roller wagon on top and a remote control electric winch at not too expensive (car winch type).

Kind regards

1 Like

and yes it's evolving ;-)

@+