Axis in Polygonal Hole

Hello everyone and my best wishes for this new year.

Today in solidworks, the sketch function of a  polygon does not make a temporary axis as for the circle function.

My question is:

How can a polygonal hole with an axis in the middle be made in a single function in a part in order to, for example, then constrain a crimp nut with a hex head on the axis in an assembly?

Thank you in advance for your feedback, research and answers.

Hello

Is there no way to add a point in the sketch to the center of the polygon that shows an axis after extrusion? 

I know there's that on CREO but on Solidworks I have a doubt....

1 Like

if you get your sketch by opening the

you must have the axis of your polygon

if done via the Polygon Sketch tab

@+

2 Likes

Hello

Happy New Year and best wishes to you too. Indeed, there is no default axis for polygonal shapes. So what you can do is insert a point in the center of the sketch construction circle and use it to create an axis with a perpendicular surface or plane.

1 Like

Hello

What is the goal??? To have an axis or something to constrain??? Because if you view the sketch of your polygon, you have a diameter as well as the midpoint of the sketch that you can use for constraints. If that's what you need to do, then you don't need to create an axis.

1 Like

Thank you for your answers.

Yes Cobra, but not only, you also need the representation of the axes in MEP.

Leblanc's solution seems to me to be the best, I then integrate the functions into the library.

Please tell me how to reward your  answers with points ?

1 Like

I come back to A.Leblanc's solution:

this solution allows me to constrain a component on the axis in assembly but on the MEP of the part this axis does not appear?

Do you have a solution?

You can control the visibility of axes in a PEM, and you can hide the axes you don't want to display from the tree.

1 Like

For it to be available in the MEP, this axis must be made in the room, not in the assembly.

1 Like

Look at the temporary axes...

In fact it is hidden by default, you have to show it from your tree. If this is something you need to repeat often, you should see from the options if it is possible to show the default axes.