Twisted Sweep

Hello everyone.

I'm on a wicker handle.
However, I would like the junctions between straight lines and curves created during the sketch to disappear. I have, of course, hidden the visible edges in the "View" tab.

I know that the ideal is a spline, but Solidworks tells me, in this case, that it needs a regular trajectory... And refuses to perform the twisted sweep.
Isn't there another way to avoid, to hide these "junction points"?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

Edit your path sketch, select all your entities, and use the Adjust Spline tool.

1 Like

Hi lmandon.

Unfortunately, this does not change anything...

Always the same message:

If you select in the scan function: merge tangent faces. You get a result marked OK on all curves.

2015-07-15_balayage.jpg
1 Like

I can't read your message sw.

Otherwise what version are you so?

and for the spline as a trajectory it works well (SW15) too

2015-07-15_balayage_spline.jpg
1 Like

I am on 2014 Prmemium.

I'll test it and I'll get back to you...

I don't have the option "merge tangent faces" in the swipe tool...

We'll see about it tomorrow, it'll be daylight...

Thank you again and have a good evening.

Viking Jump,

In my opinion, the faces are not merged because they are not tangent

I think the shelves aren't big enough.

With the test file attached, the more you increase the radius "D3@Esquisse1", the better you lose the lines of non-continuity, with 15 mm for example, you don't have any more.

Mick

test.zip
2 Likes

Hello

I agree with @mcordero regarding the size of the spokes, I had the same problem yesterday!

The problem with a small radius is the same as it is in reality (and stop me @viking if I say something stupid) but when you twist with a small radius, the cross-section at that point increases because there is not enough room for deformation.

I think that your radius of curvature must be greater than the radius of your "flower", otherwise it causes a colision of matter.

[edit] Added image: 

Thank you mcordero and Aurélien Fives.

That's exactly it. I had to change my rating from 125 to 150 and my radius from 18 to 47 for the "junctions" to disappear.

Super...

1 Like