Materials database

Hello,

I have moved the materials database to another partition of the same disk of my PC containing all my solidworks parameters. This is to facilitate sharing between machines.

I'm not sure if it's related but when I assign a material, the menu hangs for 30 seconds to appear.

Any idea why?

thank you in advance

1 Like

Hello

Have you changed the settings in the options by removing the old path?

2 Likes

And does it do it on other properties? (of course if the link is good as said @Lucas)

1 Like

Is it a custom list or the original one from solidworks?

1 Like

Do a local test, if it doesn't change anything, it doesn't come from the partition.

If not, do you have an anti-virus?

Doesn't it scan new files that are transferred between partitions?

If so, the .sldprt and .sldam extensions should be excluded

1 Like

Ah the ugly antivirus, he found a bug in property manager and prevents me from doing solidworks updates

1 Like

Personally, my material base is on the server, and it doesn't take more than 2 seconds to display the data composed of the SolidWorks base library and the custom library. So placing it on the hard drive shouldn't be worse!

As indicated by @Lucas check the path of the material base in the options.

screenshot381.jpg
2 Likes

The separate partition on the system disc works, because that's what I have, and there's no problem

1 Like

Hello,

The Percist problem.

@lucas, the links are correct and removing the old ones doesn't really change the slowness.

@Gerarld, I don't have a problem with the other functions. It's the original bibilo moved and a character.

@Bart, the bilibo is already local. same problem with the antivirus disabled.

Another idea?

Thank you

reinstall and presto, it's solved