Profile base

Hello

Is it by any chance that someone has a welded mechanically welded profile base for the Forster range of profiles?

it would bother me to have to redesign everything....

I'm on Solidworks.

Thank you! =)

1 Like

I don't know if you've seen it, there are obviously the dxf profiles: http://www.forster-profile.ch/fr/telechargement/cad-catalogue-profiles.html

I grant you, you have to go back to SW. But at least the source is safer! And it's not a particularly long operation.

1 Like

That's what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to display the page!! :p

1 Like

All I have to do is clean the dxf and save it in libfeat

it will save me a lot of time! =)

Would you send it to me? Or is it too long or too heavy?

1 Like

Type forster in google, 1st link in .ch, 4th line "Download", 9th line "CAD catalogue profiles"

1 Like

I know :p I arrive on the home page, I click on downloads, and there it freezes endlessly.

I'm going to take him from another position;)

Thank you for the link Benoit! =)

1 Like

Send it to you, it's going to be heavy. Try what I indicated just above by Google.

On the other hand, having had the joy of extruding this kind of profile by dozens at one time, open them on Draftsight and clean them up before importing them to SW. Gamers sometimes have files with 2 or 3 lines superimposed.

1 Like

I open the page from Internet Explorer. To be tested rather than Chrome or other.

1 Like

In Chrome it works thank you.

Yes, I've already had to deal with these profiles.

There are all the construction lines, but it doesn't matter, I open them, clean them, then all you have to do is save them in libfeat and it's all good! =)

Thank you again Benoit. ;)

1 Like

on the site you can only have them in DWG so it smells like a sketch retake

2 Likes

@Gerald, yes in dwg, but it's overall fast enough to get SW files out of it. I cleaned them up on Draftsight (by the Clean tool) and I copied/pasted the entities into a SolidWorks sketch.

It's not the most interesting thing to do, but in the meantime, you can unplug your brain! :)

1 Like

That's for sure!!!

it's going to be mega long... especially since I would like to do them via excel with configurations....

I am not out of the woods..... :/

If anyone ever finds or owns a base of this type. I'm a taker! =)

2 Likes

450MB the complete file, it's normal that it can freeze if your browser tries to open the file (zip) instead of saving it.

1 Like

It's okay I have all the basics, but in dxf...

If anyone has already worked on it in sldflp configur in excel with cofigs. That would be royal! =)

1 Like