Base: Border, Surface

Hi all

I'm trying to make a boundary base under SW2016 between a surface spline and a spline on a plane (here plane 36). Basically, I want to create a skin (thin function) going through these two splines. Is this possible? 

aideforum.jpg

post your file

to see 

If I understand correctly, do you want to put a skin that takes up your splines and that this skin is bulging?

@+ ;-)

Hello gt22,

Yes, that's exactly it. I was thinking of doing shots with sketches going through the points of these splines and then doing a smoothing but it's really heavy. I imagine there is a simpler and faster solution? 

For the file I am working on a confidential project, unfortunately I cannot disclose.

Thank you for your help

In fact I am trying to make in surface the equivalent of the blue sketch attached

aideforum2.jpg

Well you make a file with a similar example

for the principle

otherwise yes create X plan and x sketches 

to maintain the curves

@+

Here is a picture 

It's up to you to create another profile at each end as close as possible to the junction of the splines

make sure that everything is well constrained

@+ ;-)

Wow great! That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Formidable. Thank you so much gt22!

One last question please, what function did you use? It doesn't work for me.

Possibly can you post your share that you just created please? 

I end up with that... almost but not good!

aideforum3.jpg

You have to take your 3 profiles must be closed

after your 3 guide curves which must be independent 

See attached image

and it should work 

I'll give you the file I'm in SW 2017

@+

base_frontiere_surfacique_via_des_splines.sldprt

Oh the disaster... I really can't do it. SW2017 cannot open. Can you send me your photo as an attachment please? I can't see the details of the tree. 

The following message comes back to me all the time: The smoothing operation has not been completed

Here is the picture of my result but it doesn't validate it, there is the message "the smoothing operation has not been completed"...

aideforum4.jpg

Are your 3 guide curves independent of each other?

you need

One sketch per profile

A sketch by guide curves

so 6 sketches

Are your 3 profiles closed?

@+

Indeed mistake number 1, I had 2 splines on the surface in the same 3D sketch. He just doesn't want to validate me "The smoothing operation has not been completed"

aideforum5.jpg

A big thank you for your precious help, it's really super super nice!! This forum is great :-)

1 Like