Batchconverter dwg part

Hello

I use Batchconverter to export parts families in dwg (engraved texts). When I launch Batchconverter the part is oriented in top view (=sketch plane of the engraved texts) but then Batchconverter reorients the part by 90° for export in dwg. I tested the export in jpeg and the orientation is not changed.

I couldn't find anything in the Batchconverter or Solidworks options.

Thank you in advance!!

Yann

config_exports-AA

Hello;

If by default Batconverter exports your documents in front view ... use the Standard View Update... (Spacebar in 3D...)

Otherwise, you'll probably need to move your sketch to this plane.
(I couldn't find equivalent options in batchconverter or in Solidworks either)

Hello
same with me.
I think this is due to the orientation of the trihedron

Thanks for the info of the Face view of Batchconverter. I used the view update to orient my burns in front view but Batchconverter still exports the " old " front view.
I tried Integration which allows you to orient the room but it doesn't seem to manage the configurations (or I didn't understand how to do it...)
I guess the only solution is to run it in a macro. I found a temporary solution by declining the configurations with Integration, then exporting to dwg with Integration by taking all the declined parts.

Hello;
Why not replace the sketch plan? This would be effective on all your configurations and should solve your problem.
Example:

Regarding Integration, the Part Families are managed in the following software options:
(Be careful, these options are to be restored depending on the use you make of them on other operations... This is one of the incomprehensible/shitty points - in my opinion - of this software,... the MyCadTools suite is bad when it comes to managing parts families and configurations).

Hello

Replacing the sketch plan is the best solution but these engravings are applied to a more complicated part than the one shown in the image, Sorry I should have specified that the image was a " fake " part. This part has several functions (revolution, material removal, etc.) whose sketches are in the front plane which is the " natural " orientation of this piece. In addition, it is found in several blends.

What do you mean by software option? In the Solidworks options?

No, I'm talking about the options in the mycadTool tools... integration, batchConverter...

And if you do the export manually from Solidworks do you have the same problem?
If the problem is there when you export manually, there is a chance to remove it from the Batchconverter options which only apply in batch what SW does)

1 Like

To export manually I save as, then you can choose the views to export (top, front, in progress, ...) so no problem!

1 Like