Need Excel Help

Hello world

I'm looking for a feature that I saw on an Excel file several years ago. In this file, there was a range of cells surrounded by a blue frame (not blue borders, the blue came from the feature). It was a file that was used to clock in our hours and so when we arrived at the last line of the input range, a line was automatically inserted so that we could enter other lines without fiddling. It was not a macro, but an Excel function.

A representation to illustrate what I remember:

So by typing in line 5, a line is automatically inserted and so on. The area in blue is gradually expanding.

Does anyone know about this function?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

How do you know it wasn't a macro?

A macro can be launched automatically when entering a cell, for example!

1 Like

Because in my memories I had used this feature myself in new files and I went through the Excel menus. We had almost no macros in general.

1 Like

Hello

Like Lucas.

However, a feature that is approaching:

In the table of the attached classifier, if you fill in your cells by going to the next one by pressing the [TAB] key. Once in the last cell, a new row will be created with the table formatting.

See you.

tableau.xlsx
3 Likes

@remrem, it's not that, but it can be interesting. How do you do that?

1 Like

An image of the function to be used as an attachment.

A question: the function create a row from which action: tab, set of cells with values, click?

Can you send us at least one piece of the binder?

excel.png
2 Likes

Tables in Excel bring a lot of things: automatic formatting, sorting, gives a name to the range, gives a name to each column and is used in formulas....

More information: https://support.office.com/fr-fr/article/Utiliser-des-tableaux-Excel-pour-g%C3%A9rer-les-informations-1c3d9852-4b0b-4496-a1fc-30c5121fb05e?ui=fr-FR&rs=fr-FR&ad=FR

2 Likes

Hello

I confirm that it is the "Put in table form" function that answers your request.

The creation of extra lines is automatic when you move with a Tab

Try the attached table

select a cell and move with Tab and it works.

I'm attaching the file to you.

classeur1.xlsx
1 Like