Need help with complex geometry on solidworks

Hi all

Here I am trying to make a fishing lure to learn complex geometry the problem is that I can't get anywhere. I've watched several  tutorials  and  despite many hours  it doesn't look like anything

I have  3 sketches  see photo but I don't know how to do  it if you have any leads or a well done  tutorial (the one on the wrist of the hair dryer I can't find my way around)

The right view should be the same throughout the front view

Hello 

What is the question? I understand that you can't do it, but to do what????? What do you want?

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

I would like to model the lure from these sketches; but I can't do it

To explain my request

ok look here it might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRWtORzis0A

may the force be with you.

Personally, I'll go through a smoothing.

Draw your guide curves (which follow the lure at the top and bottom) from the front view.

Draw three profiles of the lure on three different planes parallel to the plane on the right

then balance a smoothing function with the 3 profiles of the parallel plane as a profile and guide the sketch in front view.

5 Likes

Thank you for the tutorial I'm testing, I have a question I'll have others later:)

Why a sketch changes from blue to gray

From blue to grey?

When you edit the sketch, it's blue.

When you leave the sketch, she gets drunk.

Is that the question? Am I right? :p ^^

2 Likes

Thank you Bart

Question what do I do with my sketches on the top and the one on the right?

The basis is to put the main image on the face plane

1 Like

Then go over the entire contour with a Spline.

1 Like

And if the model has different thicknesses, we do the same ^me thing in the top view and in the right view.

1 Like

How do you go back with a spline. I didn'  t understand everything. What I'd like to do is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA2-i34UVUo

Hello

I think that if you don't know the difference between a blue and gray sketch, it's because you're a beginner on SolidWorks. In my opinion I think it would be better to start with simpler pieces to get your hands dirty. With SolidWorks there are several tutorials at the progressive level. Do them in order.

May the force be with you.

3 Likes

Hello

Some time ago I wrote a tutorial on a mackerel, it might help you. I put a tutorial online for you but I'm copying it here because the Lynkoa interface sometimes escapes me

Have a nice day

modelisation_dun_poisson.pdf
3 Likes

Hello

Yes Obi wan I am a beginner in self-training so I don't necessarily understand everything despite long hours spent in front of the pdf and video tutorials

My project is to make 3D parts in order to print them. Thank you for the pdf of the fish it's what I need.  I'll try to get a result. 

At the beginning I designed the part with extrusion then drilling, fillet, material removal.... (so I'm trying to acquire the basics. The problem is for the right view,  I can't see this sketch. The leave function does not allow this

To answer this question, a tutorial has been created.
To access this tutorial, follow this link:
Fish
1 Like

Hello

I corrected the mistake in the name of the tutorial, it is now called Surface modeling of a fish.

That being the case, this is the sneaky problem with 3D printers. Just because you can find them at €300 at Darty doesn't mean it's easy to use. You need software to give it files to eat and even if you steal one from the internet, you still have to know how to use it. It's not very complicated but requires dedication. I'm not convinced of the real interest for the general public after the wonder of seeing the piece that was only pixels come out of nothing. On the other hand, for a design office or even more so a designer, there is no photo.

On this note, good evening and good luck