Need help turning surface area into volume

Hi everyone.

I would need a surface expert to help me.

I downloaded a fitting from Senga, but it 's missing a lot of faces and SW doesn't want to make me a volume of it. The second part of this problem is that I need to model a material removal on this fitting.

Could a charitable soul make it into volume, please?

No need to polish, I want to create a volume created in a hurry and I'll manage for the rest.

Thanks in advance

PS: Yes, I am obliged to use this precise connection. No, I don't have any surface capacity... I'm in SW2019

10_214_80.step

Hello

I can't seem to download.

may the force be with you.

3 Likes

Hello

Indeed it's a text file!

2 Likes

thank you for your help

To retrieve the coin, you have to right-click / save the link target

I ended up redesigning it (which is not very appreciated in the box)

No need to waste too much time on this, but if you could tell me a little about the procedure to follow in this problem, I'm interested.

Paschal

well I took a quick look at it,

It is possible to  go from the surface to a volume. The sides must be perfectly joined to sew  them together, if the sewing is feasible, it will be possible to go into volume.

In your case there is  as much work to correct the surfaces as to redo it. You won't have any gain, especially since by redesigning it you can already anticipate possible configurations that you won't have by correcting the surface.

2 Likes

Hello @Pa5cal

Here is the part but I'm in SW 2019

Kind regards

10_214_80_0.sldprt
2 Likes

@pascal ,

Here is a very succinct demo but which explains how to go from surface to volume. Here I show it with a cube it's very easy but with complex shapes it's another story.

https://youtu.be/OF2GQVaK1rg

2 Likes

Difficult to choose the right answer

OBI WAN offers a "tutorial", so I think this is the answer that will be of most use to other people facing the same problem.

Thank you both for your help

Paschal

2 Likes