Component library in the PDM

Hi all

We took the SolidWorks PDM to my company.

As a result, we moved our component library inside the PDM.
So far, no problem.

On the other hand, if I add a component to the library on my computer, this component is not visible on the other computers of the company.
The refresh button in the library doesn't help.

The only solution is to navigate (through the explorer) in the vault and click on the add file in order to load the e-drawing visualization. Viewing the data map, version, or other tab than the preview does not make the components visible on the user workstations.

This manipulation is a bit heavy (even if there are only 4 of us).

Do you have another solution?

Thanks in advance

Hello

this is due to the fact that the Solidworks library tab only sees the files present on the computer's hard drive, and therefore a file never opened by a computer is not present on the computer's hard drive.

To see all the files in the library you have to right-click on the folder and get the latest version. This will load all the files in the folder at the present time into the local cache.

We have automated this operation. When logging in to the EPDM vault, the user automatically gets the contents of the folder. It's not perfect but at least each user has the content of this library updated every day.
This option is to be set in the admin > Group > Group Name > Cache Option

There's also a MyPDMTool tool that seems more comprehensive, but I've never taken the time to look.

3 Likes

Thank you Pierre, I'll try like this.