Libraries for use in solid works

I just downloaded some Axemble tools (library of 3D mechanically welded elements and library of fixing ouitls) 

It is impossible to use it on SD, it is displayed in the design library but the mechanically welded elements are not accessible when applying the mechanically welded elements function? can you help me and explain to me why I can't use it (the access paths are filled in the tool...

Hello

Put them in a folder (shared if you are several SW users). And then go to "Options", and in "File Locations" add the create folder in "Welded Build Profiles".

See you.

2 Likes

Hello, if they are mechanically welded profiles, you must fill in the path of the "Mechanically welded profiles" in Tools. Be careful, you must fill in the main file and not the subfolders.

If they are 3D elements, the path must be indicated not for mechanically welded profiles but for the design library. And you'll find your items in the library on the right side of the screen!

EDIT: the exact path is "Welded construction profiles" and not "Mechanically welded profiles"

1 Like

But where do I have to register the mechanically welded elements so that I can use them under sd? 

because for the moment I can't use them even if I put the path in souitls under sd

It doesn't matter where you save them, as long as you point the right way.

I don't have the type or the size

probleme.png

Hello

Wouldn't it  be a compressed file without extension?

In this case, simply add an .zip extension and unzip it to the desired location.

Create a "welded construction profiles" directory (note that I use the same name that SolidWorks asks you for in tools/options/file locations)

Subdirectories (Example: TUBES, COLD PROFILE,......)

Sub-sub-directories (e.g. CORNIERE, UPAF,......)

and finally put the "*. SLDLFP"

From Solidworks, in Tools , then Options , then file location

Set the directory fill to create.

3 Likes

To complete flegendre's answer,

- Subdirectories (Example: TUBES, COLD PROFILE,......) This will be your "Standards"

- Sub-sub-directory (e.g. CORNIERE, UPAF,......) It will be your Types

-and finally put the "*" files. SLDLFP" This will be your Sizes

1 Like

Follow what Flegendre says, is this exactly what you're looking for;)

1 Like

For the sake of completeness, the discussion has already been discussed here:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/elements-mecano-soudes-sur-une-esquisse-d?pa

2 Likes

A similar topic was posted yesterday

here

I have attached databases of profiles

1 Like

Hello

Go to my site:

http://tutoriel.solidworks.free.fr/crbst_119.html

@kevin

Be careful, if you don't respect the order and the number of folders or subfolders the library becomes invisible.

wholesale:

C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\French\weldment profiles

*SolidWorks: this name depends on your version if there are more than one installed 

weldment profiles\iso\angle iron for example it is here that we glue the . SDLFP

1 Like