Lock Solidworks Dimensions

Hello

I would have liked to know if it was possible to block the dimensions and others (references, geometric tolerances)?

Indeed, when I dimension a diameter in top view and I put a reference on it, the latter does not keep the desired location and is placed in the middle of the view. So we don't see much anymore.

thank you in advance

Leo

1 Like

Hello

Right-click on the dimension and uncheck "intelligent dimensioning" then replace the dimension in its place and normally this dimension does not move anymore nor any other in the document.

Here!!

sw04.png
5 Likes
Otherwise while you take the side you press shift and it places on the outside and not in the center
4 Likes

Or you do your dimension and then you go out of the functional dimension, and you replace the dimension by hand. 

But this is the solution of desperation:)

David's solution has proven its worth.

Here's what I have...

Unable to put the reference out of the room 

capture.png

For reference, it's been a problem for a few versions (I'm still in 2013)

As soon as you rebuild, the ref is on the same side as the dimension.

The only solution I found is to no longer put a reference on the diameter dimensions seen from above.

you can also position your ref on the same side as the rating by stretching its reminder line, but it doesn't respect the standard anymore...

2 Likes

Hello

There are several bugs reported on the SolidWorks website:

In particular this one:

SPR771212: Putting a reference on a circular edge makes the annotation uncontrollable

So no solution for the moment.

You can ask to be notified when the bug is fixed (know which version fixes it to make the update).