Hello, how to hide all annotations on solidworks 2013 by default?

When I create a new part, each time the annotations appear.....

I want that by default, when creating a new part, the one if is hidden.

Thank you, Jannick

To enable/disable the display of selected feature dimensions:

• Do one of the following :
    • To hide an individual dimension, right-click on it and select Hide.
    • To hide all dimensions of a selected feature, right-click the feature in the FeatureManager Design Tree, or right-click one of its faces and select Hide All Dimensions.
    • To redisplay the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces and select Show All Dimensions.
    • To display dimension names, click View > Dimension Names or Show/Hide Objects > Show Dimension  Names (Aim Up View toolbar).

​@+ ;-))

Thank you for your answer, I may have expressed myself badly,

My problem is that when I create a part, and I bring it into an assembly, all the annotations appear (it causes a lot of problems to make face or point selections, I often select a dimension instead)!! to hide them I go to the display (see attached photo) .... What I would like is to have these annotations kosher by default when creating the part rather than hiding the annotations of each plieces in my assembly.... it's quite laborious to chase them one by one!

I guess it must be in tool/option..... something like that?

screen_shot__039.jpg

You have to click on the part in question in your assembly, to open it, then go to Displays and "hide all types", save and close your part.

A little reconstruction of the assembly and presto, no more annotations.

For your information, the displays are not the same for parts and assemblies, they are two separate filters.

2 Likes

Hello

In your parts files, right-click on annotations and then uncheck "Show Function Dimensions"

(see attachment)

Also to be done in your template file

masquer_cotes_de_fonction.jpg
2 Likes

As far as I understand, by default your assembly files show the annotations.

You have to open a new blank assembly, without inserting anything into it. Then you go to view, uncheck everything you don't want to see (your current procedure).

Once it's done, save as in sldwdot where you save the basic formats (you can find it in option, default models)

And there you go, during all your next assemblies the annotations will not appear. On the other hand, for the existing ones, apart from doing your current manipulation, I don't see how to do it

1 Like

@Rim-b rightly, it's + in this direction that we have to work.

Right-click on annotations in the room and turn them off.

+1

1 - Top tabs: Click on display 2 - Lower your mouse on "annotations", click on it and you're done