Hello, how do you make a plan on a curved surface on inventor?

here I am stuck for a long time I can't finish my design thank you

Hello, see this tutorial:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-6A0C52F4-D4C1-48FC-BFB8-7F7056D2AAE9-htm.html

I tried without success

it will be good to know

it's not that PL yet,

It's making a plane on a point of a sphere it seems to me. No?

thank you for your answer PL but I went to see the tips on the inventor site but it's not what interests me.

It's the PB to be able to make a plane on a non-flat surface I tried everything and I'm really stuck on its (being an intern I can't do training

I may be a little fussy but .... By definition, a plan is a plan. It cannot be on a curved surface.

Unless you mean to do it tangent to this curved face? In which case the solution of .PL seems to me to be the right one.

Maybe you should take a screenshot to be a little more explicit?

1 Like

Hello

Could you put a screenshot of this curved surface?

1 Like
Yes I think that for the plane tangent to a surface, you need a plane of parallel origin and then if it doesn't work by clicking the surface, you have to create a point on it.
1 Like

What format does it take to send an attachment (jpeg right?) I can't find it when I go to browse

the point I can't create it on the surface when I want to put one it doesn't take it nothing happens

You can attach it just below the frame where you type the answer text, there is a "choose a file" button

I regret Solid Works which is ten times better than Inventor

yes but I can't find the jpeg file when I click click it takes me to my folder where the file is normally stored but it doesn't display... It's really not my lucky day

And with the icon there?

its not working, too bad, thank you for your help and the time you had devoted to me

A plan is defined in different ways but at least by 3 points.

Question: What does your surface look like? To a rough sea? 

In this case, you will have to define 3 points on the surface, the highest points (imagine a plate resting on the surface). Is this possible?

1 Like

You're just used to Solidworks. But inventor has its own advantages, which you will soon discover;)

To display your image, choose the right folder and display all file types. You should find it easily

1 Like

Here I guessed an A4 sheet with waves well I would like to be able to work on this surface and seeing that you need a plan to work on a surface well I can't yesterday all day I looked

I finally managed to make my shot on the sarface but I can't extract my shape other than perpendicular to the plane

It's normal so far. You always extrude perpendicular to the plane.

Once you have created your plan A (the one that corresponds to your surface). You have to create a plane B that is with an angle to your plane A.

And then you make your sketch from your plan B.

1 Like