Hello, crash when I do a function recognition of a step file

I tried to make an update but there is an expired license problem.

I'll see with my superior and I'll keep you informed...

Thank you

I had a cadware technician on the phone, it would be a problem of the kb 3072630 windows 7 update which would prevent solidworks from having access to certain functions and therefore crash...

And when you open your STEP then you make file save or save as sldprt; then repair if necessary and do the recognition of the functions it doesn't work??? The recognition of functions is not great when you modify the bending radii. Delete your bending radii in the STEP and use the insert folds function as in my tutorial in one of my previous posts. It IS much more reliable.

1 Like

it goes very well see my previous message

The problem is that it's an assembly and once converted as you have to go and get each step and save them in part, then you just have to convert them into sheet metal and everything goes very well

see previous image

there are no worries it goes in SW 2012

and why  do a recognition of function

For this type of piece is the question ????????????????

2 Likes

I've already tried to save it in sldprt and to do a reconnoitre but it's always the same, as soon as it starts to do the reconnaissance it crashes. As long as you don't do recognition, there's no problem.

It's solved, I did as explained by gt22, I don't go through the function recognition, I convert directly to sheet metal and it works.... I can create a DXF!!

But hey, it's not normal, we still have to solve the problem.

Have you broken down your assembly?

show us the steps thank you

I broke down your assembly saved among other things the support part of Bezel

the part on the left is still in step the imported cube is under the part ref

the right-hand part is converted via the SW Convert to Sheet Metal tool

we see on the image on the right the logo of the surface since at the base it is a WWTP

but by going through the sheet metal tool your surface becomes a solid

If the Keep Body check box has been checked

I did exactly as you explain... and it works,

1 Like

You don't need to do a function recognition for this type of part

it goes straight to sheet metal

a function recognition is mainly to make complex extrusion modifications

you the goal of the game is to create unfold in DXF so roll my hen with convert to sheet metal

See this tutorial among others via Import and Function Recognition and Direct Editing and Data Migration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhQSKbMt-FY&index=85&list=PLjkvI_IbLbweeJrlJR_KmjB0g8EOoESkg

@+

1 Like

All you have to do is select the answer that answered your question and click on solved

and therefore close the question

@+

1 Like

If you had watched my tutorial; it's the same principle except that you can adapt your bending radii to your production tool to be as accurate as possible with your development because your WWTP may have radii that are not necessarily adapted to your means of production...

2 Likes