Hello, when changing the bending radii of a part, I always have the same development!

20180911104506509.pdf

Hello

Look at it, you don't have the bending radius that is forced in your folds or in your second sheet metal backrest or where you fill in your K-factor or folding table.

1 Like

Hello

I don't know how your piece is drawn, but the difference is clearly visible.

The press does not change, but the length of the piece varies. See in PJ.

20180911104506509.pdf
2 Likes

There is a 2nd odds that vary: 294.67 -> 276.29

3 Likes

It's normal for the sides to change since the radius changes... The press must be forced into the bend parameters !!

How to remove the press?

REMREM says that this is the drawing of the sketch,  I send you the sketch as an attachment

999_3724-3.sldprt

Look in your creation tree, you have the sheet metal and sheet metal files 1 and there there must be sheet metal parameters or the forced press...

Well I don't see where,  I took pictures...

rt.pdf

Why the folds are not all in the same direction 

on the sketch there is a hook 

Not on the coin?

you would have to side via the intersections 

@+

Hello 

I think the problem comes from the custom fold loss value that you put for each of your tricks. So, if you don't change this value when changing the bend radius, the length of the "bend press " will be the same. Because when solidworks encounters a defined bend with a bend loss, it calculates the developed by adding this value, without making any other calculations.

Gauthik

pertesauplilynkoa.png

I modify the value of the loss at the bend according to the bend radius, see PJ

I still have 620.13 of press,  while I have to see 604mm of press (seen on the LVD folder)

rt2.pdf

As said before, only the value in the loss at the bend allows you to modify the press. If you change the bend radius of a bend, you must change the value of the corresponding bend loss. In your case, you need to put the losses in the custom fold of each of your folds in order to have the right development. If the value of the final press differs, it means that your bend loss values for a certain bend angle and radius are not the same as on your bending machine. In the attachment provided, I show that the press depends on the custom bend loss value.

valpertepli.pdf
2 Likes

Hello 

Here is your part having put my bending parameters SVT our tool, I find a dev of 602..

We only work with the K factor because there is less problem to fill in the values, we fill in sheet metal and the rest as you can see...

999_3724-3_ac_cobra.sldprt
1 Like

Re

it's the 45° fold that messes up,

if I stick to my LVD folding chart with a 45° fold:

Inner Radius: 2.09

Loss at price: -2.80

and my press is 620.13mm; He's not good.

but forcing the loss at -18 !!   his walk 

I think that in t there are closed folds I do it with the K factor,  its work too

A question, can I find the K factor with my painting?

rt7.pdf

TABLE

f2.jpg
1 Like

The K factor  we calculated by manually calculating a panel of parts, keeping the bending radius of 90° because normally it does not change according to the angle. We looked for the k factor manually because it is very complicated to calculate it...

Hello, following a call to axemble, he gave me the answer that I am sharing with you:

When the folds are less than 90°:

the calculation of the BA of the folding machine is not the same as the calculation of the BA of SW.

See PJ,

Thank you for helping me: ac cobra 427 and gauthick67

20180912101140046.pdf