Hello Inserting Autocad Sketches in SLDW

Hi all

For assembly purposes in Solidworks I insert sketches of aluminum joinery profiles in dwg to extrude them on SLDW

Not rich alas I am working on version 11 of SLDW, for some time now it has been impossible for me to copy and paste sketches from autocad or drafsight in SLDW

It is true that the versions I work with  (drafsight or Autocad LT)  are very recent, does this explain that??? Or does it surprise you and you have a solution?

For example, I attach a DWG file, which I can't copy into a solidworks sketch. Grrrrrrrr 

Kind regards

Larghetto

sec-000035640_p1.dwg

Hello

make sure CTRL-C on the profile and CTRL-V  in a sketch??? If not, you can just make a clean DXF with the desired profile then file==>open and you select your DXF then you select an MEP and then Improter in a new room as: 2D Sketch then you click next; Select Millimeters in the units and choose the part layers you are interested in, then next and finish... At home the 2 ways work very well...

1 Like

Why not go through an image insertion if problem with your DXF

@+

1 Like

with SW2012, I tried to do Insert/dxf-dwg, it gives me a message "invalid or incomplete dxf/dwg file". It is likely that there is a generational conflict

In your case:
- I will clean the DWG to keep only the essentials;
- I'll save it in an old version of DWG (2010 is enough)

I tested it and it works

4 Likes

it's the same for me @ stefbeno when I did the test yesterday

That's why I recommended going through an image insertion

@+

Hello

If it's a version problem, in Draftsight, you just have to save the dwg in a format earlier than 2009 or 2010.

@+

Hi all

Back to my pc just now

Thank you for your answers, for the moment it's not solved yet, but haven't done the whole thing completely

I'll keep you informed

Thanks again

Larghetto

1 Like

Problem solved thank you all

You must record in an earlier version

Thanks again

Larghetto

So you'll have to validate stefbeno as the best answer because he had proposed it to you...

1 Like

Validation completed

Thank you

to+

Larghetto

3 Likes