Hello, I received a part in step file that I need to modify how to transform it into an editable part (on soldworks 2019)

00864-pld_patte_bracket_bag_tray_pour_support_10mm_et_10_degres_.sldprt

Hello

With a step you can only add material, you can only remove  some if you have the pro version of Solidworks.

There you go,...@+ keep me informed

1 Like

Hello

When you have imported your part, if it has been imported, you can then run a function recognition (via insertion, featurworks, function recognition). It's not perfect but it gives a more than decent base to rework your piece.

Have a nice day

5 Likes

Hello @Hervé

Unless I misunderstood, but your piece is not a STEP but a part in "part" format.

If it is the result of a recognition of function, we can see that your sketch is not attached to an origin, nor oriented in one way or another and above all that it is not at all dimensioned, nor constrained, in any way. (Except the sketch on the front plane)

So as it is, you can do anything you want.

Can you tell us what you want to do now? 

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

As Rpicard indicated, the featuresworks function should answer your problem.

Attached is a video detailing how this function works

https://youtu.be/tKSvJ3mPI94

Cdlt

2 Likes

Good evening 

Your part is in sldprt, you can do what you want (removal, extrusion ...)

see the file (I made a removal and add a stud)

Cdt.

00864-pld_patte_bracket_bag_tray_pour_support_10mm_et_10_degres_.sldprt

Good evening again,

If you want to make quick changes to your part, you can go into the sketch and put dimensions on the desired dimensions.

You can then configure your dimensions and make a list of parts according to your criteria. (or function configurations)

Cdt.

00864-pld_patte_bracket_bag_tray_pour_support_10mm_et_10_degres__0.sldprt

Hi all 

Thank you for your valuable advice

I managed to modify the part

Take care of yourself

Have a nice day

Hi all

I intervene a little late, but I often practice direct editing to correct or modify imported parts. So since no one mentioned it... For those who don't know, I invite you to test, it could solve many problems.

Have a nice day