Hello, I have trouble with a removal of material I am a beginner and I would like to be explained how to do it

I would like to do a removal of material from the shape of the edge of the sketch on the side but it doesn't work, I would like to create a vault on the top but that there is the removal of material on the 2 sides too.... I don't know if I'm making myself understood...

Thank you in advance.

solid_1.jpg

Here is the part concerned

toit_arriere_spyder.sldprt

You want your material removal (the vault) to follow the curvature of your part, right?

Hello

It's normal not to be able to do it, you use the extrusion function which is a removal of material in a straight line (to simplify) except you want to follow a curve.

Take your drawing as on the image attached in your 1st post (because your parts are different there) and use the "swept material removal" function using the side curve as a guide.

There is also the method by cutting with a surface but if you are a beginner we will avoid it.

Or you can also create the part via bossing/smoothed base, but here again it requires a minimum of knowledge.

Save your piece in a corner and try to remake it with the other methods.

Kind regards

3 Likes

In any case, pay close attention to the options of each function  such as the profile follow-up or stay at normal in relation to the guide curve depending on what you are looking to achieve.

1 Like

Hello

Given the design of this rear roof, I would rather use a "transition fold" function in sheet metal or surface. 

test.jpg

Thank you for your information, I succeeded with the removal of swept material.

It's going to help me with a lot of things.