Hello, I would like to know if it was possible to make with Catia V5 a groove along a guide curve by having a profile that is not a surface but a volume

Indeed, when I define my groove I can only choose a sketch in the profile selection and not an extrusion.

I don't have a solid background on Catia, this is my first question on this forum, it's probably stupid but I'd still like to have an answer or some indication.

Thank you in advance.

Yannick

It seems to me that you can directly select a face of your volume that will serve as your profile, then your guide curve, which allows you to do your scan.

002.jpg

Thank you for your answer, indeed I can choose one of the faces of my solid and use it as a profile but the result will not be the same as if I scan directly with the volume, unless my guide curve is a line perpendicular to one of the faces, which is not my case.

Hello

The "Definition of a scanned volume" feature exists in the kinematics module KIN creation of the volume generated by the movement of a mechanism (I don't have it).

But it doesn't exist (as far as I know) on a swipe command. one can sweep a profile, a surface, a closed assembly of profiles.

1 Like