Hello, new to the field. How to drill in a solid circle that is off-axis with respect to the axis of the workpiece

Hello

Which version of Solidworks are you using?

Normally, you just click anywhere on the sketch plane and then add the necessary dimensions. Be careful not to click on the sketch mark because it will constrain your drilling on this marker. The constraint would then have to be removed.

If you are new to solidworks or CAD, I advise you to start with the tutorials integrated into the software (see screenshot)

tutoriel.png
4 Likes

2017 version.

Hi, you just have to select the "Smart Dimensioning" tool when you draw your sketch 

and you select the 2 entities to constrain your sketch and the diameter of your part and then you insert the desired dimension.

You can also go through the drilling function in mechanically welded tools but for it it's a little more complicated. I also advise you to first practice on some tutorial offered by Solidworks. 

Personally, when I started, I took 2d plans of the companies I worked for (and yes, when I worked in the workshop, we didn't have a draughtsman in the company, everything was drawn by the boss and with a hand like a pig ... ) in short, I stole plans and I kept busy. You also have a lot of things on YouTube. 

1 Like

Could you take a screenshot to accompany your question?

2 Likes

I think it's a hole whose axis is perpandicular to the axis of the cylinder.
In which case, we just need to create a tangent plane and position the hole in that plane.

3 Likes

Here is the piece in question

moyeu_pale_1.jpg

To do this, the simplest in my opinion would be to create a median plane to the planes that represent the X and Y axes, then to create a plane offset from it which will represent the background of the chamber.

1 Like

Or else a removal of matter with revolution.

3 Likes