Good evening everyone, how to insert existing profiles?

Good evening everyone,

I introduce myself for this first question, I am Pascal, Welder - Turner, 49 years old, I have a crush on the CAD SW 2015 program that I discover with great interest, however by following the operanti mode to insert existing profiles in the "weldments" section that I have unzipped, I can't do it....

Can I ask for your help?

Thank you all

You have to go to the options/locations of the files/profiles of the welded construction.

And there you can fill in the directory in which you have your new profiles.

edit: with a small image.

2016-01-07__profiles_emplacement.jpg
8 Likes

And your repertoire must be like /profiles

and also with subdirectories: /standards/type

cf help SW too.

2016-01-07__profile_aide_sw.jpg
6 Likes

Hello

Go to my website:

http://tutoriel.solidworks.free.fr/crbst_106.html

I explain how to do it through small tutorials.

Indeed, as Opîep27 says, it is above all to be able to point out the right file.

Example:

You put your profiles in a folder C:/Documents/Profiles

In this folder, the folder structure should be as follows:

- Standards files (ISO, ANSI,...)

- Under the standard backrest, the TYPE (Square Tube, Angle,...)

- and finally under each TYPE folder, the profiles themselves (40x2, 40x3, ...).

To point to the profile library correctly, you have to go to Options, then File Location, scroll down to Welded Construction Profiles.

There you have to Deletethe folder that is set by default, then Add your folder path; In my example:

C:/Documents/Profiles

Good luck

4 Likes

Thanks to opie27, to Alain.ERP for their help and knowledge in this vast CAD field, insisting on the fact of being a novice in this fabulous SW software, I have printed your answers and followed your advice to the letter. By persevering, I finally succeeded thanks to you, at this forum, to be able to move forward in the exploitation of this software.

Thanks again Opie 27 and Alain ERT

2 Likes

You're welcome!