Swept boss with guide curve does not close

Hello

I am an industrial engineering student and I use solidworks in its 2015 version in my spare time as a hobby.

I recently had a tricky problem for the low level of knowledge I have: a Moebius ribbon with a traingular cross-section. After several unsuccessful attempts I have achieved my goals, but one last detail remains and bothers me: the function does not end. There is still a small gap that prevents the two ends of the "ribbon" from joining. Having already searched in the help integrated into the software and on several forums, I turn to you. Do you have a solution for me?

Have a good evening and thank you in advance.

Attached are the visuals for clarity.

PS: My level is probably not that of the majority of people here, be indulgent if it's a mistake of blue:D

1 Like

Hello

Can you put your piece so we can take a look at it???

That's :)

moebius_traingle.sldprt

Hello

I think it must be achievable by projecting spirals on a cone, or by using the bending function.

Edit: actually it's much simpler with a swipe and a twist.

see if you like it?

as it doesn't go one pass

I did 2 volume smoothing

and the guide curve is the axis

The rotation is 240°

60° / 1/4 circle

see attached file SW 2012

@+ ;-)

piece1_axel._faidy.sldprt
3 Likes

@GT22: Your Moebius ring is ugly :hihi :) It's all green:)

It has only one side (well, if we can follow it:))

anneau_de_moebius.sldprt
5 Likes

Yves.t, you should make him a tutorial because you're in 2016 if I'm not mistaken according to your screen and he's in 2015...

1 Like
Here is the link: http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/solidworks-mod%C3%A9liser-un-anneau-de-moebius But I can't play the video in my tutorial ... Let me know if you can do it. At worst the Youtube link: https://youtu.be/kYtCcF9ufWE
3 Likes
To answer this question, a tutorial has been created.
To access this tutorial, follow this link:
SolidWorks: Modeling a Moebius Ring
1 Like

@ yves T

There is only the You Tube link that works ;-(

Have a good day

@+

I see that, he doesn't want my videos... 3 times I redo the tutorial in a different format...

1 Like

Thank you all for your answers:D

I hadn't thought to try to split the course in two, because when the path to follow is closed, the software refuses to perform a different rotation of a full lap multiple :/

See you for future experiences:)

2 Likes

Now you have to validate the answer that solved your problem in the right of this said answer

@+ ;-)

2 Likes