Solidworks 2018 Boss/Base

Hello everyone, I made a sketch of this piece. I would like to make a Bossage/Base to smooth the whole thing out and make sure that each edge is taken into account.

I'll put the file in your PC.

Looking forward to your return and thanking you in advance.

Yours truly,

Sylvain

element_1.sldprt

Hello, if you want to keep the triangles, the boss is not the right solution, you have to go through the surface, triangle by triangle, subject that was dealt with at the beginning of the year, if I find it I put the link.

Sincerely

2 Likes

I want to create 3 floors as in the photo. That is to say, piece by piece. Then make a transition fold for each part so that it can be made by folding on sheet metal.

Thank you for your answer in any case! let me know if you find it.. Thank you;)

Hello

What do you want to do?

- An outer skin: In this case, make a sketch on the front plane with a spline passing through the points by driving the tangency vectors at the ends and then make a surface of revolution, either 90° that you then symmetrical, or over 360°. 

- A complete fill: In this case the same thing but instead of using the surface function you take the revolution function.

I'm in SW2019 so I can't send you the part.

Kind regards

bol.png
1 Like

Hello

There is no difficulty in making each floor with sketched folds because the folding angles are all the same for each floor.

To succeed:

1°) you have to do a nibbling on the basic sketch (the one I made and ugly but done in a hurry).

2°) make the folds following and  all with the angle of 13.24° for the lower floor

Kind regards

PS: I'm in the 2019 version

pli_esquisses_-_2020-03-27_14_15_20.jpg
1 Like