Butcher Corner

Good evening everyone

I would like to plug a corner in a corner of a sheet metal piece the 2 folds have 50mm radii I need to add a welded corner, like a suitcase  corner but I'm in 2016 version!! How do we proceed to

To be able to "extirpate" this corner to be able to shape it, then weld it without too much play? I enclose the thank you document for your answers.

Marco

half-foot.sldprt

Hello

After a quick test, I get there but starting from a volume + gnawing / torn.

By the way, if I do like you, I can't remove this "curve" either

Hello

Here is the coin under 2016. I had to fiddle with it by going through a unfold and then folding to get there.

Half pied_ac_cobra.sldprt
1 Like

Hello

I started with a flat room and reasoned like a folder.

See if it's right for you

In attachment you have the image of the unfolded

You have another simpler solution which is the cutting function which is usually used to create sheet metal parts (especially hoppers which are a to do otherwise), but it can be added to any part.

Kind regards

demi-pied___zozo_v3___deplie.jpg
2 Likes

I tested the cutting function but it only works on flat. but the result is proper.

I also tested on a cube by adding the 50mm radius and then converted it into sheet metal but it does something very disgusting, but closer to our friends Zozo and Ac cobra.

Just start from a square, add the side folds one after the other and plug the corner with the closed corner function

01.jpg
1 Like

@ p.bourgeditto that other method the unfolded is not good. (rectangular cut-out, not arc)

New test by making 2 folds then 1 inclined plane at 45° + 2 copies at 1mm on each side (not necessarily useful if after a "translated" in the extrusion "translated from the surface")

1 extrusion of a ply to the plane  ditto for the 2nd ply

The result is clean in the folded version but the unfolding has a defect (logical) but it can be rectified on the dxg/dxf before switching to laser cutting.

Good evening @Fuz3D

Can you post your piece because it seems quite close to what I proposed. But it's interesting to see how you did it.

In my example there is 1mm of unconnected after bending to facilitate welding without overhang.

Kind regards

Hello @tous

In the end, it's not so easy to plug a corner!

Zozo Corner Filler Apprentice

1 Like

Here is the faichier... uh file  :) in the 2019 version though.

Half pied_fuz3d.sldprt

Hello@Fuz3D

I prefer your method to mine because it is faster (because it is less complicated to implement) and more precise on the shape of the two cutting curves.

Good news (also for @marco-marc42)  it is possible to remove very easily the small defect you report by doing a min removal of material and a mini extrusion on the cutting field. At least the flat plan and the laser cutting will be correct (even if the 3D view remains slightly wrong but as in the MEP you don't have to put it yay!

I am attaching the file completed in V 2019 ;-) I have reduced the space between the planes that draw the gap between the folds.

So we have collectively solved the problem of the draftsman-designer, on the other hand the folder will be forced to have a beveled Vé otherwise rusk he will not be able to make his folds.

Kind regards

Half pied_fuz3d_and_zozo_mp_v4.sldprt

Thanks to whom? thank you penguins :))

Good evening everyone, and thank you all for looking into my problem

I wanted to get the part of fuz3D and others, but you are all in a higher version than mine, on the other hand I would have liked to take out this corner  of the foot

We're going to say "ball" or "suitcase" corner, there is a solution knowing that I'm in the 2016 version that doesn't manage suitcase corners. Thank you again for your precious help

Marco.

You can look at my piece which is under 2016 as you do.

2 Likes