Brut d'usinage

Hello, unless I'm mistaken, there is a way to remove the "rough" annotation in the configurations.

How do we do it already?

I ask for this so that it doesn't follow in my nomenclature in the configuration column.

Thank you

Hello

I think it depends on the file templates. If you modify the model you won't have to change each configuration.

Otherwise for a large number, going through a part family (creation, modification of names and then deletion) will go faster.

Hello

Just right-click on the configuration  then properties and change it to Description and then option BOM==> name of the configuration according to what you want to call it.

Manu 67 I thought your answer was interesting but it doesn't work, even by deleting it in the config properties, I validate and close the window, but my config name is always followed by <machining stock>....

Hello

Do you really need the configurations to appear in your nomenclature?

If not, you can change the options when creating the BOM:

capture.jpg

If you have the "use in nomenclature" option checked, try it out by unchecking it. This option only concerns the description it seems to me.

Otherwise, isn't it a reconstruction error / taking into account the changes?

3rd option, send your document to validate from another PC...

capture.jpg

Thank you for your answers, I just found...^^

You have to go to Option\System Option\General
check: "Disable description strings for additional welded build configurations"

... Not easy to find and not always very clear the options of Solidworks.

Thank you even for your help.

3 Likes

You have to go to Option\System Option\General
check: "Disable description strings for additional welded build configurations"

1 Like

Hello

I'm interested in the topic, where do you find "Disable the description strings of additional welded construction configurations"?

I don't have that option! or I don't look good...