Bug modification rating

Hi all

I'm encountering a bug that appeared on SolidWorks 2020.

I want to change a dimension by going to 3D/2D instant.

I click on a sketch to view the dimensions of the sketch and edit one.

If I enter a hard dimension, for example I write "150", the value is correctly filled in and everything is fine.

But if I add "+20", for example, to the odds already present, it bugs.

That is to say, if it is written for example "130+20", SolidWorks displays an error message.

Has this ever happened to you?

How can I fix this?

I have attached images.

Thank you.

Luke

2022-05-04_-_probleme_modification_cote_-_image_1.png
2022-05-04_-_probleme_modification_cote_-_image_2.png

Hello
I think the 2 situations for which you created a question are the same.

Unfortunately, although I have sometimes had this problem on other older versions, I don't have a solution.
It happened to me very occasionally. For me, it was more related to the play than anything else.

What about you?
I imagine that you have already done the manipulation: shutdown of SW, shutdown (and not just restart) of the machine, repair of the SW installation, all Windows updates are done (unless it is precisely after an update that the problem appeared), use of SW SP5?

Thank you for your answer.

• SolidWorks Reboot: ok
  • Machine Stop/Restart: ok
  • SP5: ok
  •  

The only thing I didn't do was fix the SolidWorks installation. I'm going to ask the IT department to see if it's possible for them to repair SolidWorks. Only an admin can do it, and I don't have the rights to do so. How long does it take to do a SolidWorks repair? What precautions should I take on my side and on the part of the IT department?

For my part, this problem happened for I don't know why. Everything worked well until one day. And since then, it's been the same problem. This has been going on for several months. And this, no matter what piece I create. The problem is valid all the time for all the parts now.

As for Windows updates, it is the IT department that manages. I will ask them if they are up to date.

The repair of SW takes quite a short time, I would say, with a ladle, to count an hour. No special precautions to take, possibly make a backup of the profile (via boot / SW tools / assistance to copy the settings) but normally the repair does not break the settings.

It makes me think of you should maybe just look in the SW paths (systems option / file location) to check that there is not a corrupted path.

You can also try resetting the user profile to see if the bug persists.

If the bug goes away, it's an option.

If it persists you restore the profile you had before the reset.

For the reset:

https://www.lynkoa.com/sites/default/files/questions/answer/07/09/2015/reinitialiser_les_parametres_de_solidworks.pdf

1 Like