Hide an element in a subassembly inserted in an assembly

Hello

The subject is rather representative of the problem.

Impossible to hide an element of my sub-assembly. It is well hidden on the sub-assembly part alone but in the assembly where it is integrated no.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hello

Probably a different configuration issue?

Thank you for your speed, but I don't really understand the question of a configuration problem at what level? because my formulas work, the element is hidden in the open room alone but in my assembly not.

In fact, I thought it was a problem for SolidWorks: if you change the visibility of a part in a single configuration, it doesn't impact the other configurations. I don't know what to call the configurations (or parts families) in Inventor.

Oops yes my fault I didn't specify that it was the Inventor software ...

In fact I want to hide or display a network of components according to the user's choice, the goal is to create a male or female connector by displaying male pins and hiding the females or the reverse these being on the same location.

For the families of parts I don't know either: components? Elements? May be.

I am not an  experienced user of this software.

Hello

So the families of parts in Inventor are called iParts (with the letter "i" in front of it)

To my knowledge, it seems to me that one can hide a network of parts or a function but not a single part of a network.

Regarding the network of your component, this network is made in the subset of the connector? In this case you need to create an iSet

If possible, could you attach your file?

Hello

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately I cannot attach a file because the documents are confidential.

Yes indeed, I am trying to hide the entire networks and not their elements 1 by 1.

So you have inserted your "Pin" subassembly into your assembly. This subassembly is an iAssembly that can be controlled and you can also control the presence or absence of pins from it.

The question: Did you insert this IEnset into the "pin" assembly or just the generated component?

Basically, do you have a board icon next to the name of your subset in your set?

1 Like

Actually not at all because I went through Vba programs and not through the Ipièce function.

I have encoded the display or not of the parameters thanks to variables  that go from 1 to 2, but these programs even if they modify the display or not  in their files alone do not take effect in my final assembly.

My final goal being that the user is only to enter a size, a gender and that this modifies the size of the connector, the size of the cover which is attached to the connector, the sex of the connector so the presence of male or female pin, for the moment I realize this with 2 assembly (the 1st being connector + pins, the second  connector (with pin) + cover).

So far I modify the size by variables:

If Sex=1 Then
If size=9 Then
SpacingGreen=(d115/4)
SpacingVertinf=(d126/4)
LengthA=31
LengthB=16.92
LengthC=25
LengthD=8.36
lengthE=12.55
LengthK=5.92
LengthG=19.28
LengthH=10.72
LengthM=10.72
NumberCirclesup=5
CircleNumberinf=4
NumberNumberCirclemil=1

So there, I remain powerless against the vba! But it's possible to do exactly the same with iParts and iLogic rules ;)!

I made the programs in the rules precisely, but it doesn't work so on your advice I try with the iparts but I don't understand how it works once all the variations of the model are created in the ipiece I insert it into an assembly and there I can't change the selected line value.

iPart.ChangeRow("Connectorvariable:1", "Member","Connectorvariable-07")

It seemed to me, however, that the function was this.

Hello

Can you manually modify the iPièce from the assembly?

Hello

Nor is there the only way to modify it and go back to the original ifile.

The  way I've found to make my program functional is to create a male and female connector and display either one or the other depending on the demand.

By this means I no longer have a "sub-network" of pins to manipulate, I hide the entire assembly.