Calculation of the maximum strain force for displacement 0.3mm (SW)

Hello

On the attachment, we would like to calculate the force needed to make a 0.3mm deformation

For the settings:

1) It is 1.3505 (100Cr6) steel

2) Quenched and Tempered 58-61 HRC

This is for AE-2C25 Rec configuration

We have solidworks premium, but we can't solve with our machines, which crashes before the end of the calculation :/

Could you please help us solve this little problem

Thank you in advance for your help

Steve

ae-2c25.sldprt

Steve;

What exactly do you mean by 'make a 0.3mm deformation'? 

What is the environment of your room, axes of effort, constraints, etc...

Cédric.

What I mean by make a deformation of 0.3mm

The part is placed on a support, then a lever arm is pressed on it to deform it

I attach an image

This allows us to mount the inner elements of the final bearing

wib20131030161214_001.jpg

Hello

Your study   does not  appear in the  attachment ?

What  is  the premise  for  simulation? 

Kind regards

Yes it doesn't appear because we couldn't record and it crashed

So we lost the data we had inserted in solidworks at the same time :/

Hello

The sketch shows the purpose of the calculation. On the other hand, for those who don't have Solidworks available, would it be possible to have a diagram of how you modeled it?

Thank you

I did the study by modeling a part of the part that will press on the cylinder and considering it infinitely rigid.

maximum stress with 100cr6 => 18865 Mpa but it's a concentration of stress along my block so not representative (this value will evolve according to the mesh size)

I attach the document with the configuration of the study, you just have to restart the calculation to have the results

ae-2c25_exemple.sldprt
3 Likes

Hello

Here is the result of your study 1.

Time: 1min

I haven't touched the parameters you have put in.

OPEP

2013-10-31_ae-2c25_rec__etude1.jpg
1 Like

Hello

@fthomas: Thank you for your file, I sent them to the person who asked me to ask the question, since this is the person who has solidworks premium

@opiep27: Thanks for the attached file, we can see that you arrive at the same result as @fthomas

I am waiting for the response of my colleagues, can I validate the answer

uh how do we validate 2 answer to the fact?

You can't validate two correct answers, one will be considered as "best answer" and for the other you can vote to put a +1 for example

1 Like

Hello @fThomas,

Thank you for your study. In fact, we would like to know what is the radial force (in the -Y direction) to apply to our ring to obtain a deformation at the ball path of about 0.35 mm.

If I understood your simulation correctly, you blocked the ring's movements in the direction Z and -Z by points and the movement in -Y also by a point.

Our system works with 2 plates with a slight radius to prevent travel on the Z direction.

In your simulation, the ring is deformed according to Y but also very open compared to the central groove (according to X).

We need to get an elipse with the long axis on Z and the small axis on Y and no deformation in X.

Please let us know if you can modify the simulation according to my clarifications.

Sincerely, Razvan

No, I blocked the central groove only and I pressed with a plate that moves 0.3mm  at the top of the piece.

so to obtain the force that is needed to obtain this result you just have to ask for the resulting force on the support surface in my case it gives me about 172000 N

After that, if you want a more accurate simulation, you would have to provide me with a solidworks model with your plates modeled as you want

1 Like

Hello @f Thomas,

Thank you for the answer, that's what I thought. Steve will provide you with the drawing of both parts for more accurate simulation.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely, Razvan

Hello

So here is the complete assembly of the device, I zipped it

normally there are all the parts if you are missing any do not hesitate to tell me

For the toolbox parts I couldn't measure them because I don't have the toolbox on the standard version :/

Steve

envoie_lynkoa_131031_1106.zip

ok I have the complete set but the effort you want to know is the one that is to be provided by the cylinder right?

The displacement of 0.35 mm at what level?

1 Like

I asked my colleague

He explained it to me, so I drew them on the attached file

Mr Grigorescu will only come back on Monday :/

tell me again... Where we wait for Monday

Steve

image_explicatif.png

Well I looked at the complete model, obviously there is a little more work.

I started by removing the elements not necessary for the study, it's up to you but I think you should put the inside of the bearing back (I removed it for a question of speed) I also moved the lever arm to start my study when it is in contact with the bearing cage.

You have to manage the contacts between the components in addition to the imposed displacement (I asked for a displacement of 0.35mm of the end of the arm, it's up to you to see if you need to change this value).

In addition, you have to define the area of support on the arm for the cylinder, I quickly made a circular area (with a dividing line) on the bar in order to have a surface to fix and thus be able to obtain the resulting forces.

in the end I get a thrusting force of the cylinder of 2487N following the direction Y

I have attached the study to you, then it is up to you to adapt it according to your own parameters

etude.zip
2 Likes

Hello

I arrive a little in the middle of the battle....

I don't really know your needs, but if you want to know the deformation of your bearing under load, then it seems essential to me to model the balls and the ball cage because the balls will themselves exert a force distributed on the internal and external rings and on the ball cage...

I don't use solidworks so I can't see your study... but I think Solidworks, like any other CAD software, is probably limited to modeling a complex problem.

Good luck with your study, which is all in all interesting.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your help:)

By the way, wouldn't you find a little tutorial on the uses of simulation tools by chance?

So that I can test at home :s, because I have a standard version, but I'd like to train myself on it

Thank you

Steve

I don't have any particular link, on the other hand if you only have a standard license it will be easy to train you on simulation, you would have to ask for a test license from your reseller.

1 Like