Solidworks tubular structure calculation

I send you a part, I don't know too much about solidworks, it's been several days that I've been on it and I only have error messages for my calculation.

we have a radial force on the plate welded below 12560 N.

For the fixing on one side we have all the recessed tubes on the other side normally it is a pivot but with a symmetry so the face can rotate but must remain in the plant that separates my two beams.

It consists of two beams assembled to make a circle

test_strong-lyn.sldasm

Hello

First, I think you need SolidWorks Premium to do simulation calculations on assemblies.

Then, it's always more complicated on assemblies, you have to try to simplify the structure as much as possible, or even create a single part by having > part saved.

1 Like

Everything is said, SW is not a calculation software but a CAD software.

It is possible to check some load on a part but not on a complete assembly.

As L.Prieur says, it is easier to try to model the assembling as a part to perform the calculation but you have to keep in mind that SW is not designed for that.

Good luck

1 Like

I just downloaded the assembly but there are not all the parts.

Could you repost it using: File - Composition to go?

This saves ALL files :)

Solidworks tubular assemblies are already registered in part. But I had already tried to reproduce the structure without using the tube assembly, I used several ways but each time solidworks beows. I'm almost getting there now, but to simulate symmetry, I'd like the cut part to stay on one plant while being able to translate in the other directions, but I can't do that on a tubular structure in solidworks. On a single piece it's easy but I can't mesh the piece.

For the part that g put there is just the tubular structure and a small plate without precise dimension, see photo, if you don't wash it, you can draw it, it is about 500*500*10mm and it is welded on the structure

capture.png

@alxis.quere

NB: When you want to transmit an assembly for a "visual" purpose as is the case here, favor a <.step format> so that all the geometry is preserved: for example here in your assembly I only have access to the small plate.

On the other hand, if you want to send a montage so that the person in front of you can have control over all the functions, so that he can make modifications, add in the upload the different components associated with the assembly.

For the rest I agree with the other answers already given: SW is not particularly recognized for finite element loading calculations, even if it can do some things. I use the ANSYS software at the design office for this kind of simulation, but there are others....

+

I'm looking for a free software type rdm6 but where I can make non-rectilinear beams. Finally I'm going to simplify the model without the plate it will be less precise but I would divide wide I don't have any weight constraint

test_strong-lyn.zip

And so by recording your assembly in parts (with the turntable), it doesn't work?

@alexis.quere

Ok for the geometry, I extracted it from the zip it's impecable.

If you wish, I can possibly make you an analysis via ANSYS -> results given: stress intensity and total deformation. The key will be to define myself:

- the cases of loading: intensity, direction, point of application.

NB: is this really a case of static charge?

- the surfaces to be immobilised (fixed surfaces); I think this is going to be the base of the feet.

- the materials (and if possible their grades if you work with specific steels for example)

Tell me quickly if you're interested.

+

I need a simulation on the software I use, namely solidworks. After it, I have to explain the calculations, the approach can be changed the parameters, the materials, the direction of the forces. I would just like an example to be able to look at it a little and correct the problems I had

Or if it's not on solidworks on a free online software like RDM6 (but RDM6 is unable to draw beams in an arc)

Hello

I don't agree with everything that has been said, SolidWorks allows you to do static simulation on parts, assemblies, chassis by meshing in volume, shell and/or beam mode. To do this, you need SolidWorks Premium!

There are even advanced simulation versions for frequency, thermal, fatigue, buckling, composite, non-linear, dynamic and thermo-fluidic calculations.

For many years, Solidworks has integrated tools such as Cosmos and Mentor Graphic, which are recognized in the calculation community.

Of course, these tools are less complete than a tool dedicated purely to calculations such as ANSYS for example, but largely covers the needs of validation of a design that we all need in a design office.

Here is my opinion, now as @Riky says, give us all the information to help you make the calculation.

@+

1 Like

Hello

So I looked at your file, you forgot to define how your plate is related to the beams.

By defining a connection between set in solidarity mode between the face of the beams and the face of the connected plque everything is OK!

View image

@+

calcul.jpg

Re

I will resume in good French, it is necessary to define a connection between the beams and the face of the plate.

Here is a detailed picture

@+

calcul2.jpg

Thank you Coyote I would also like the beam to be embedded only on one side and on the other side I would like to have just 2 points left in a plant but that the whole thing can slide on this plant. It is not recessed and if I leave two recessed its increases the constraints. My system is composed of 2 arcs of a circle that opens and locks thanks to a jack

Re

In this case you have to use the advanced mode to be able to indicate the degrees of freedom, see image!

@+

calcul3.jpg

Thank you coyote it's exactly what I wanted